Department of Energy
Updated: 6 hours 43 min ago
Today the Government launched a new long-term plan to deal permanently with the country’s radioactive waste.
Statement by Edward Davey on the publication of a white paper on geological disposal.
Launch of scientific calculator that investigates the impact on carbon emissions of biomass sourced from North America to produce electricity.
Renewable energy projects to compete for a budget of over £200 million a year, as part of reforms to the electricity market.
An impressive response to the Green Deal Home Improvement Fund has seen more than £43million worth of vouchers issued.
Written Ministerial Statement by Edward Davey on the future fuel poverty framework.
Future governments will be required by law to help fight fuel poverty.
Statement by Edward Davey on the Fourth Carbon Budget
Conclusion to the NMO investigation of energy labelling on refrigerators reveals abuses of tolerances.
Edward Davey speech to the CBI Energy Conference 2014.
Business, industry and other organisations will get help to cut their energy costs with £10 million available this year to improve efficiency and reduce energy demand.
The UK is calling for major reforms to improve the emissions “cap and trade” system put in place by the European Union since 2005 to tackle climate change.
The Government today announced it would contribute short term funding of £15 million over five years to help kickstart the establishment of a new regulatory body for the UK’s offshore oil and gas industry.
Rampion offshore wind farm off the coast of Sussex has today been given consent from the government to go ahead.
Edward Davey's statement following the appointment of new DECC ministers Matthew Hancock and Amber Rudd.
Over £500,000 has been assigned to help rural community energy projects across England.
Secretary of State Edward Davey speech to the Smart Energy GB Launch Event.
Energy efficient household appliances lead to drop in electricity consumption.
Discussions about the progress of the Southern Corridor (SC) gas pipeline route will be on the agenda when Michael Fallon visits Azerbaijan this week.
News story: DECC encourages families to act now on energy efficiency with Green Deal Home Improvement Fund
The Green Deal Home Improvement Fund has issued £25 million in its first four weeks and DECC is encouraging households to act now to get money back for their home improvements.
- Energy Department Announces Up $31 Million for Geothermal Systems Field Observatory
- Energy Department and USDA Announce Bioenergy Projects in 10 States
- $4 Billion in Loan Guarantees Offered for Renewable, Energy Efficiency Projects
- Energy Department Selects $3.5 Million to Develop Algal Biofuels
- DOI Releases Ecosystems Carbon Report for Eastern United States
- Energy Department Offers Conditional Loan to Offshore Wind Energy Project
- Energy Department Launches Microgrid Competition
- New York Unveils First Electric Vehicle Charging Stations in Statewide Plan
- Texas Hits New Peak Wind Output
- Deploying American-Made Clean Energy Technologies in South Africa
- Energy Department Awards $100 Million for Innovative Energy Research
- ARPA-E Awards $33 Million for New Fuel Cell Projects
- DOI Announces Largest U.S. Offshore Wind Energy Area for Development
- Small Businesses Receive $3 Million in Support from the Energy Department
- Small Business Innovation Research Projects to Make a Big Impact on Clean Energy Economy
- Press release: New long-term plan to safely dispose of radioactive waste
- Statement to Parliament: Publication of Implementing Geological Disposal White Paper 2014
- Press release: Biomass calculator launched
- Press release: Over £200 million boost for renewables
- Press release: Green Deal Home Improvement Fund reaches £50 million milestone in six weeks
- Statement to Parliament: Future fuel poverty framework: target, strategy and advisory group
- Press release: Cutting the cost of keeping warm to tackle fuel poverty
- Statement to Parliament: Review of the Fourth Carbon Budget
- News story: New world refrigerator ecodesign investigation
- Speech: Speech to the CBI Energy Conference 2014
- Press release: Boost for business energy efficiency and electricity sector investment
- Press release: UK calls for major changes to EU’s “cap and trade” emissions system
- Press release: Government commits £15m to kickstart new regulator in response to Wood Review
- Press release: Rampion offshore wind farm gets go ahead from Government, supporting over 750 jobs
- News story: Edward Davey statement on DECC's new ministers
- Europe To Build Only 192 GW of Wind Power Capacity by 2020
- Solar Energy ‘Lighting Up’ Professional Sports
- Community Solar Gardens Sprout from Contaminated Sites
- ABB Hit by Wind, Solar Charges for Third Consecutive Quarter
- “Mom, My School Bus Is a Peaking Power Plant” and Other Things We Didn’t Say When We Were Kids
- Thomas & Betts brochure highlights engineered solutions for renewable energy facilities
- A come-along for tower flange holes that don’t quite line up
- Pathways to deep decarbonization Interim 2014 report
- What happens to sub-structures & cables on the seafloor? Sandia examines
- Juhl Energy team selected to lead development of $5.5 million wind-energy project at Tooele Army Depot