Department of Energy
Updated: 4 hours 26 min ago
The European Union has reached a historic deal to cut greenhouse gasses by at least 40% domestically by 2030.
Statement by the Secretary of State, Edward Davey on the historic EU deal to tackle climate change.
South Hook Combined Heat and Power (CHP) plant in Pembrokeshire a step closer to completion after UK Government announces planning consent.
Find out how renewable heating could help you have a warmer home this winter
We've launched our Big Energy Saving Network map. Find out if there’s a volunteer group near you offering advice on how to save energy and money.
Speech by Amber Rudd to the Energy UK conference.
Speech by Energy Secretary Edward Davey to the Energy UK Conference.
Edward Davey’s comment on the latest Green Deal and Energy Company Obligation statistics.
The Government is backing stronger reforms to make the EU Emissions Trading System work more efficiently and stimulate investment in low-carbon technologies, it has been announced today.
Statement by the Secretary of State, Edward Davey on the fire at Didcot B power station.
Edward Davey statement on discussions at the Informal Energy and Environment Council in Milan on 6 October.
A response to the Express article published on 15 October, "Electric bills to soar by £1000".
Edward Davey's address to the Green Growth Summit, at the European Parliament in Brussels.
Speech by Amber Rudd to the Utility Week 2nd annual congress.
Speech by Amber Rudd to Solar Energy UK, the UK solar industry's expo event.
The Norwegian Government has today granted a licence for the longest sub-sea electricity interconnector in the world, to be built between the UK and Norway.
Speech given by Energy Minister Matthew Hancock at the British Embassy Energy Technology Showcase in Japan.
The arrival of hydrogen cars on UK roads is a step closer as the Business Minister Matthew Hancock announced up to £11 million of funding.
First new nuclear power station in a generation has moved an important step closer.
Energy Minister Matthew Hancock's speech to the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry's (METI) Innovation of Cool Earth Forum in Japan.
- Secretary Moniz Dedicates Innovative Commercial-Scale Cellulosic Biofuel Plant
- Energy Department Announces $10 Million for Innovative Lighting
- Energy Department Awards $5 Million to Spur Local Clean Energy Development
- Energy Department Offers $14 Million for Cellulosic Bioenergy Landscape Design
- Solar Energy Prices See Double-digit Declines in 2013
- Racing with Relevance: Green Racing Redefines Sustainable Motorsports
- New Funding to Develop Next Generation HVAC Offered by Energy Department
- Energy Department Announces $13 Million to Develop Advanced Biofuels and Bioproducts
- Green Building Certification System Final Rule Issued by Energy Department
- Energy Department Recognizes Better Buildings Challenge Participants
- Energy-Department Supported Scientist Receives Nobel Prize for Blue Light LED
- Better Buildings Challenge Drives Greater Efficiency in U.S. Data Centers
- Energy Department Announces $25 Million to Lower Cost of Concentrating Solar Power
- Energy Department Recognizes 11 Manufacturers for Energy Efficiency Achievements
- New York Invests $94 Million for Solar Projects Across the State
- Press release: EU agrees 'historic' deal to tackle climate change
- News story: EU agrees ‘historic’ deal to tackle climate change
- Press release: South Hook CHP plant moves a step closer to being built
- News story: Renewable Heat Incentive roadshows
- News story: The Big Energy Saving Network on your doorstep
- Speech: Energy UK conference - trust and consumer engagement
- Speech: Energy UK conference
- News story: Edward Davey on Green Deal and Energy Company Obligation monthly figures
- Press release: EU Carbon Market Reform needed to improve efficiency
- News story: Statement on the fire at Didcot B power station
- Statement to Parliament: Informal Energy and Environment Council
- Government response: Response to the Express article 15 October 2014
- Speech: Address to the Green Growth Summit
- Speech: Utility Week 2nd Annual Congress
- Speech: Solar Energy UK
- SolarCity Broadens Its Financial Reach in the Barely Tapped Residential Market
- Australia Seeks to Reduce Renewable Energy Target to ‘Real’ 20 Percent
- Viable Battery Backup for Rooftop Solar Still Years Away
- Suntech Back from Dead, Eyeing 1.5 Gigawatts in Solar Shipments
- Local Solar Rules Can Save You Big Bucks
- Wind project acquisition activity soars with $5.3 billion in 49 deals, reports Mercom Capital Group
- New Zero-Max brochure features keyless locking devices for shaft-to-hub connections
- Weather halts work on Sea Angel test turbine
- EU sets 27% renewable energy target
- Goldwind launches low-wind turbines