Department of Energy
Updated: 6 hours 29 min ago
New homes should be connected to vital utility services more quickly under plans announced by Housing Minister Brandon Lewis.
The first ever Capacity Market auction concluded yesterday and provisional results have been released today.
News story: Green Growth Group Ministers' statement – next steps on the EU 2030 Climate and Energy Policy Framework
Green Growth Group Ministers issued the following joint statement on 18 December 2014
Energy efficiency measures top 1 million under Government schemes.
The latest provisional monthly energy statistics produced by the Department of Energy and Climate Change were released on 18 December 2014 according to the arrangements approved by the UK Statistics Authority.
Energy Trends and Quarterly Energy Prices published.
Energy Minister Matthew Hancock's speech at the 4th Kurdistan-Iraq Oil and Gas conference.
The Department for Energy and Climate Change are making £2.5m available to encourage development of CO2 storage in the North Sea.
First Capacity Market auction begins today.
In response to the new agreement reached by UN members to tackle climate change, Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change Ed Davey said:
Speech by Baroness Verma at the launch of the Sellafield Ltd Women’s Network
We have agreed with the Delivery Body that DECC will publish provisional auction results at 7a.m on the working day after the auction clears, and before final auction results are published. To note, the provisional results will only be made available to DECC if the Auction Monitor sanctions their release.
Changes to the Renewables Obligation (RO) for Biomass are being proposed to protect bill payers from extra costs.
Germany and the UK announce new ambitious NAMA Facility climate change mitigation projects in Burkina Faso, Peru, Thailand and Tajikistan and welcome the EU Commission and Denmark as additional donors to announce a third call for projects in the run-up to COP 21 in Paris.
GDHIF second release: funding fully allocated for solid wall insulation
Statement by Edward Davey on the publication of the third annual progress report on the roll-out of Smart Meters.
Statement by Edward Davey on the regulatory justification of the UK ABWR nuclear reactor.
Press release: 3 offshore wind farms get the go ahead off the coast of Yorkshire, supporting up to 2,500 jobs
An offshore wind project that is expected to bring up to 2,500 local jobs and millions of pounds’ worth of investment to the UK’s economy has today been given consent from the Government to go ahead.
UK Energy and Climate Change Secretary Ed Davey called on more countries to bring forward fair and ambitious climate finance and carbon cuts to keep up momentum for a 2015 global climate deal, as he arrived at the COP 20 talks in Lima today.
More people will get help to improve the energy efficiency of their homes through a new release of the Green Deal Home Improvement Fund (GDHIF).
- NREL Compares State Solar Policies to Determine Market Success
- Air Force Tests First All-Electric Vehicle Fleet in California
- NASA and USGS Offer Climate Data App Challenge
- EPA Offers New ENERGY STAR Tool for Homeowners
- Mapping the Frontier of New Wind Power Potential
- EERE Network News on Holiday Hiatus
- Energy Department Announces Federal Energy and Water Management Award Winners
- Energy Department Awards $7 Million to Advance Bioenergy Feedstocks
- Energy Department Expands Support of Alaska Native Clean Energy
- DOI Offers New Climate Data Initiative Tools
- New Videos to Help Improve Energy Literacy Throughout the Nation
- EPA Names 2014 Green Power Leaders
- Multifamily Buildings Earn First ENERGY STAR Recognition
- Pilgrim's Progress: An Update on Geothermal Potential in Alaska
- DOI to Auction 742,000 Acres Offshore Massachusetts for Wind Energy
- Press release: New guide will better connect our new homes to vital services
- News story: First Capacity Market auction guarantees security of supply at low cost
- News story: Green Growth Group Ministers' statement – next steps on the EU 2030 Climate and Energy Policy Framework
- News story: A million ways our homes are warmer this winter
- News story: Energy trends and prices statistical release: 18 December 2014
- Press release: UK energy statistics: statistical press release - December 2014
- Speech: Matthew Hancock speeech at the 4th Kurdistan-Iraq Oil and Gas Conference
- News story: £2.5m to develop North Sea CO2 storage
- News story: First Capacity Market auction begins today
- News story: Energy and Climate Change Secretary responds to new agreement on climate change
- Speech: Powerful women
- News story: Capacity Market - location of provisional results
- News story: Changes to protect consumers from increased costs of support scheme
- Press release: Successful Projects for Ambitious Mitigation
- News story: GDHIF second release: funding fully allocated for solid wall insulation