Department of Energy
Updated: 5 hours 55 min ago
Eight major renewable electricity projects are unveiled as part of the government’s world leading electricity reforms, giving a massive boost to green growth and green jobs.
Michael Fallon visits Nigg fabrication yard, a key construction site for one of the largest Southern gas fields in the North Sea
Benj Sykes announced as new co-chair of the Offshore Wind Industry Council
Switching energy supplier is set to become much quicker, with energy companies committing to slashing switching times by the end of the year.
British companies get innovation funding to demonstrate new ways of turning plant-based material into renewable heat and electricity
Dr Martin Read CBE appointed as Chair of the CFD Counterparty Company
Edward Davey statement on UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change Working Group 3 report on mitigating climate change.
As the UK Government publishes its analysis of the implications in energy of Scottish independence, Ed Davey speaks about Scotland’s energy future within the United Kingdom.
Written Ministerial Statement by Michael Fallon on the Downstream UK Oil sector
Statement by the Secretary of State, Edward Davey.
Edward Davey made the positive case for the UK’s single energy market, showing how independence would increase people’s energy bills.
News story: New scheme offers cash incentive to households using renewable heating systems in their homes
The domestic Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) launched, offering homeowners payments to offset the cost of installing low carbon systems
Plans to turn the Government estate as well as factories, supermarkets and car parks into “solar hubs” have been outlined in a new strategy by Greg Barker today.
Speech by Baroness Verma at the ONR vesting event
Local Authorities get £88 million to deliver Green Deal Communities
Baroness Randerson hosts meeting on local energy projects
Speech: The role of energy innovation in helping the UK to meet its low carbon and energy security goals
Speech by Greg Barker at the Low Carbon Innovation Coordination Group Strategic Framework Briefing and Networking Event.
Response to UK Green Investment Bank announcement regarding their investment in UK offshore wind sector.
Statement to Parliament: Triennial review report: Nuclear Liabilities Financing Assurance Board (NLFAB)
Michael Fallon on the completion of Triennial review report.
Written statement by Edward Davey.
- Energy Department Offers $4 Million to Advance Water Power
- Energy Department Announces $10 Million for Biofuels Technologies
- IPCC: Greenhouse Gas Emissions Accelerate Globally
- Report: States Achieve Big Savings with Energy Efficiency Targets
- Army Plans Largest Solar Array on a U.S. Military Installation
- BLM Seeks Public Interest for Solar Energy Development in Nevada Site
- The Final Countdown: 10 Schools Set to Face Off at Collegiate Wind Competition
- Energy Department Invests $3 Million to Advance Fuel Cell Market
- EPA, Energy Department Honor 2014 Energy Star Partners of the Year
- LLNL Report: U.S. Energy Usage Up in 2013
- Volvo Recognized for Leadership in Energy Efficiency
- Deadline Extended for New Green Lease Recognition Program
- We're Data Jammin': Building Interactive Educational Materials to Teach Energy
- Energy Systems Integration Facility Named Lab of the Year
- Global Solar Deployment Exceeds Wind in 2013: Report
- Press release: Government unveils eight major new renewables projects, supporting 8,500 green jobs
- Press release: Energy Minister sees development of Cygnus Gas Field in action
- Press release: New co-chair of the Offshore Wind Industry Council appointed
- Press release: Energy switching times to halve by end of year
- Press release: Small businesses given boost to generate bioenergy from wetlands
- News story: Chair of the CFD Counterparty Company appointed
- News story: Edward Davey statement
- Speech: Edward Davey launches the Scotland Analysis Energy Paper
- Statement to Parliament: UK Downstream Oil Sector
- Statement to Parliament: Scotland Analysis: Energy
- Press release: “Energy bills will go up with independence” - Davey
- News story: New scheme offers cash incentive to households using renewable heating systems in their homes
- Press release: The UK’s rooftops to become power stations
- Speech: Office for Nuclear Regulation vesting event
- News story: Support for Local Authorities to keep homes warm and lower energy bills
- UK approves five offshore projects for subsidies
- JEC Americas 2014 Innovation Awards recognizes 10 composite companies for industry-leading advances
- Give us your best wind turbine picture and we’ll give you a chance to win an iPad and a guest column
- What if there were no sunset to the PTC, and other thoughts
- Google agrees to buy 407MW wind from MidAmerican