Department of Energy
Updated: 20 min 18 sec ago
Speech by Minister of State Greg Barker at the Ground Source Heat Pump Association's fourth technical seminar.
The Secretary of State, Edward Davey, and Rovana Plumb, the Romanian Environment Minister, met to discuss Green Growth ambitions in Europe.
Statement by Edward Davey on publishing the Contract for Difference (CfD) strike prices for renewable technologies.
Press release: Record investments of £40 billion in renewable electricity to bring green jobs and growth to the UK
£40 billion of investments are expected in renewable electricity generation projects, following updated contract terms and strike prices published today.
Government response to several non-domestic Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) consultations and further information on the domestic RHI scheme
Statement by Edward Davey, Energy Secretary, about the government's proposed measures to reduce the impact of policies on energy bills.
Changes to make the Green Deal more straightforward for families who want to improve their homes and benefit from lower bills.
British households will benefit from proposals that will be worth £50 on average, thanks to government plans to reduce the impact of energy company price rises.
Statement to Parliament: Awards in the 27th offshore (oil & gas) licensing round after environmental assessments
Michael Fallon announces a second tranche of offers of 52 production licences in the 27th offshore oil and gas licensing round.
Press release: Energy minister awards record number of licences to UK independent oil exploration companies
UK independent oil and gas companies will be incentivised to invest and undertake additional exploration, as Government awards a further 52 oil and gas licences.
Michael Fallon speech at the Association of UK Independent Oil and Gas Exploration Companies (BRINDEX).
Baroness Verma delivered the speech for the Foundation for Science and Technology, at the Royal Society.
The latest provisional monthly energy statistics produced by the Department of Energy and Climate Change were released on 28 November 2013 according to the arrangements approved by the UK Statistics Authority.
Speech by Climate Change Minister Greg Barker at the Annual Heat Conference at the Royal Society on 27 November 2013
Statement by Michael Fallon on the Water UK and the UK Onshore Operators Group memorandum, which ensures cooperation throughout the shale gas exploration and extraction process.
News story: Direction by the Secretary of State on Triton Knoll under section 35 of the Planning Act 2008
The Secretary of State has directed that the Triton Knoll Grid Infrastructure Connection project is be treated as development for which development consent is required under the Planning Act 2008 process
Statement by Edward Davey, Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change, on the outcomes of the COP 19, Warsaw, Poland.
Michael Fallon addressed the Tudor Pickering Holt seminar: UK in Focus - government’s role in the investment environment.
Baroness Verma addressed the Smart Metering Forum.
Written Ministerial Statement by Edward Davey on the UK's position on the public financing of coal plants overseas.
- Annual Fuel Economy Guide with 2014 Models Released
- Better Buildings Challenge Expands to Multifamily Housing
- Energy Department Awards $4 Million for State Energy Efficiency
- Renewable Energy Data Book Details Growing Industry in 2012
- Small Company Makes Big Changes to Boost Clean Energy Economy
- Energy Department Offers $19 Million to Reduce PV Costs, Increase Efficiency
- ARPA-E Offers $30 Million for Distributed Generation Technologies
- South Carolina Opens Nation’s Largest Wind Drivetrain Testing Facility
- Two Companies Recognized for Leadership in Energy Efficiency
- Reducing LED Costs Through Innovation
- Energy Department Invests More Than $7 Million to Deploy Tribal Clean Energy
- Renewable Energy to be Half of Global Generation Increase to 2035: IEA
- USDA Invests in Research to Convert Beetle-Killed Trees into Renewable Energy
- DOI Approves New High-Voltage Transmission Line in Wyoming and Idaho
- Lighting the Way for Big Energy Savings in Los Angeles
- Speech: Ground Source Heat Pump Association
- News story: UK and Romania joint statement on Green Growth
- Statement to Parliament: Electricity Market Reform update: investment in renewables
- Press release: Record investments of £40 billion in renewable electricity to bring green jobs and growth to the UK
- Statement to Parliament: Increased support for renewable heat
- Statement to Parliament: Government action on energy bills
- News story: Streamlining and improving the Green Deal
- Press release: Government action to help hardworking people with energy bills
- Statement to Parliament: Awards in the 27th offshore (oil & gas) licensing round after environmental assessments
- Press release: Energy minister awards record number of licences to UK independent oil exploration companies
- Speech: Speech to the Association of UK Independent Oil and Gas Exploration Companies (BRINDEX)
- Speech: Speech on the economics of future energy supply options debate
- News story: Energy trends and prices statistical release: 28 November 2013
- Speech: Greg Barker at the Annual Heat Conference
- News story: Water UK and UKOOG Memorandum of Understanding on shale gas exploration and extraction