Department of Energy
Updated: 9 hours 30 min ago
Government has taken another step forward in plans to revolutionise the energy sector.
DONG Energy confirms a positive Final Investment Decision for Hornsea One offshore windfarm off the coast of Grimsby in Northern England
Visiting Aberdeen today, the Prime Minister has reaffirmed the UK Government’s ongoing commitment to the UK’s oil and gas industry.
A major new injection of cash into north-east Scotland’s economy will be confirmed today as the government signs a new City Deal for Aberdeen.
The Transitional Arrangements auction has closed securing 803MW electricity capacity for winter 2016-2017 at a clearing price of £27.50/KW.
News story: What the Government is doing to secure investment in clean, secure and affordable energy
In response to a letter about energy policy in the Times newspaper on 26 January 2016, Energy and Climate Change Secretary Amber Rudd said:
The Transitional Arrangements auction has opened today to secure electricity capacity for winter 2016-2017.
The Department of Energy and Climate Change alongside Ofgem announced new appointments to the Gas and Electricity Markets Authority (GEMA).
Consent approved for the Hinkley Point C connection project.
DECC launches consultation to ensure regulation in the energy sector encourages innovation, and invites views on effectiveness of current regulatory framework in enabling innovation
Ministers at the Department of Energy and Climate Change have approved the appointment of Gemma Pearce for three years as a Non-Executive Board member of the Coal Authority.
The Prime Minister chaired a COBR meeting today to discuss the ongoing flooding in Yorkshire and Lancashire and the latest military deployments.
The latest provisional monthly energy statistics produced by the Department of Energy and Climate Change were released on 22 December 2015 according to the arrangements approved by the UK Statistics Authority.
Energy Trends and Energy Prices published.
The Department of Energy and Climate Change today announced the appointment of Sir Andrew Mathews as chair of the National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) with effect from January 2016.
Further revisions to renewable energy subsidies which ensure bill payers get value for money
Environment Secretary announces work to identify additional flood protection measures in Cumbria
A historic new global climate agreement has been struck at the United Nations conference on climate change in Paris.
The second Capacity Market auction has successfully concluded, securing capacity for 2019/20. The auction attracted enough bidders to secure the capacity needed at a competitive price for consumers - 46.354GW at a price of £18/kW.
Extra funding for the development of DECC’s successful international 2050 calculator project.
- Energy Department Invests in Clean Energy at Federal Facilities
- Teaming Up to Apply Advanced Manufacturing Methods to Wind Turbine Production
- NASA, NOAA Find 2014 Warmest Year in Modern Record
- 3 Reasons Why Advanced Manufacturing Institutes Matter
- Energy Department Announces $58 Million for Fuel-Efficient Vehicle Technologies
- Energy Department Announces 16 Collegiate Teams to Compete in Solar Decathlon 2017
- New York State Launches $5 Billion Clean Energy Fund
- The Year of the Fuel Cell: Looking Back to Get Ahead
- State RPS Yielded $7.4 Billion in Benefits in 2013
- USDA Awards $46 Million to Boost Energy Efficiency in Vermont
- NASA Research Could Save Airlines Billions of Dollars
- EERE Success: Highlighting the Positive Impacts of EERE in 2015
- Energy Department Awards $10.5 Million for Next-Generation Marine Energy Systems
- Energy Department Announces Largest Energy Efficiency Standard in History
- EPA Reports: Automakers Beat Greenhouse Gas Emissions Standards for Third Straight Year
- News story: Getting smart with your energy
- News story: World’s largest offshore wind farm to be built in the UK
- Press release: PM announces further boost for UK oil and gas industry
- Press release: UK government confirms £250 million City Deal for Aberdeen
- News story: Transitional arrangements auction closes
- News story: What the Government is doing to secure investment in clean, secure and affordable energy
- News story: Transitional arrangements auction launches
- News story: Gas and Electricity Markets Authority Appointments
- News story: Consent approved for the Hinkley Point C connection project
- News story: Consultation to encourage innovation
- News story: New board member appointed to Coal Authority
- Press release: Winter 2015 floods: PM chairs COBR meeting
- News story: Energy Trends and Prices statistical release: 22 December 2015
- News story: UK energy statistics: statistical press release - December 2015
- News story: Sir Andrew Mathews appointed as Chairman of NNL
- UK Green Bank, BlackRock Buy GLID Wind for $615 Million
- New Algae Testing Facility Supports Advancements in Real-World Biofuel Applications
- Hydropower Outlook 2016: Exploring the Water-Energy Nexus and Energy Storage
- Mapping the Grid of the Future: How our Electric Grid is Changing in Very Big Ways
- Renewables Top Fossil Fuels as New US Power Source