Department of Energy
Updated: 7 hours 17 min ago
Consideration of the proposed acquisition by LetterOne of North Sea oil and gas fields owned by RWE Dea has concluded.
December 2014 statistics that allow a provisional assessment to be made of trends in energy production, transformation and consumption in 2014.
The latest provisional monthly energy statistics produced by the Department of Energy and Climate Change were released on 26 February 2015 according to the arrangements approved by the UK Statistics Authority.
World-leading competitive auctions have led to contracts being offered to 27 renewable electricity projects, which together could power 1.4m homes, comparable to the number of households in Wales.
Forty new technologies have won funding through the first round of Innovate UK’s Energy Catalyst.
Responding to the Secretary of State’s commission to assess the impact of the sharp decline in global oil prices on the UK oil and gas industry, Oil and Gas Authority (OGA) Chief Executive, Dr Andy Samuel today published his initial findings and issued an urgent call to action for industry, Government and the regulator.
Nine EU ministers, including Edward Davey, have signed a letter calling for reform to the EU Emissions Trading System.
This is your opportunity to use photography to tell your climate change story.
An offshore wind project has today been given the go ahead that is expected to support up to 900 green jobs in Yorkshire and Humberside
By shopping around and taking advantage of the best energy deals on the market, millions of people can save around £200 - and some can save even more.
Nicola Hodson has been appointed to the Gas and Electricity Markets Authority (GEMA) for 5 years, DECC today confirmed.
Infrastructure Act becomes law.
Amber Rudd keynote speech at Cleantech Innovate London showcase event.
DECC is extending vouchers from the first release of the Green Deal Home Improvement Fund (GDHIF) until Tuesday 31 March 2015.
Environment Agency grants Cuadrilla environmental permits for shale gas exploration. Strong environmental standards are in place.
Up to 1 million tenants renting from a private landlord can look forward to warmer homes that cost less to heat, under new government plans.
Organisations up and down the country have been awarded a total of £1.28m for capacity totalling 5,589kW as part of the UK’s first ever auction to reduce demand for electricity at peak times.
The Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) team will be attending a series of roadshows to explain how renewable heat could be the smarter way to heat your home.
The UK’s first ever Electricity Demand Reduction (EDR) auction is taking place today.
2 million low-income and vulnerable households will get £140 off their energy bills, thanks to the Warm Home Discount scheme.
- Report: Energy Department's Loan Guarantees Launched Utility-scale PV Solar
- Energy Department, Arizona Transmission Infrastructure Project Energized
- Three Military Bases Partner with Energy Department to Train Veterans for Solar Jobs
- USDA Announces Funding for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Projects
- Federal Government’s Energy Consumption Lowest in Almost 40 Years
- Energy Department Announces $13 Million to Help Communities Go Solar
- DOI 'Flips the Switch' on California Solar Farm
- New Incubator Launches Network to Help Clean-Energy Entrepreneurs
- No Roof, No Problem: Shared Solar Programs Make Solar Possible For You
- Energy Department to Make $59 Million Investment in Solar Energy
- Twenty New Partners Join the Better Buildings Challenge
- DOI Leases Area Offshore Massachusetts for Wind Energy Development
- Super Bowl Draws on Renewable Energy to Light the Field with LEDs
- U.S. Solar Manufacturing Rising on the Horizon
- Energy Department Announces $55 Million to Advance Fuel-Efficient Vehicles
- News story: Secretary of State’s decision on RWE Letter One transaction
- Press release: UK energy statistics: 2014 provisional data
- News story: Energy trends and prices statistical release: 26 February 2015
- Press release: World-leading auctions to provide major green electricity boost
- Press release: Government invests £25 million in game-changing green technologies
- Press release: New North Sea regulator issues urgent call to action
- News story: Joint Ministerial Statement on EU Emissions Trading System reform
- News story: #BackClimateAction image competition
- Press release: Hundreds of jobs could be created in Yorkshire and Humberside by a major wind farm
- Press release: Switch to save - £2.7 billion up for grabs by switching energy supplier
- News story: Nicola Hodson appointed to Gas and Electricity Markets Authority
- News story: Infrastructure Act will get Britain building
- Speech: Keynote speech at Cleantech Innovate London showcase event
- News story: GDHIF release 1 vouchers to be extended to 31 March 2015
- Press release: Environment Agency grants shale gas permit for Roseacre Wood
- UK Low-Carbon Contract Winners Revealed: Wind Scores, Solar Disappoints
- Iberdrola Agrees to Buy UIL for $3 Billion to Expand US Renewable Business
- Are Utilities or States the Leaders in Renewable Energy and Efficiency?
- Scientific Research Crucial to Success of New Biofuels Plants
- Going Solar and Net-Zero: The 21st Century Family Home Project
- Goldwind launches the GW121 for low wind applications
- Greensolver launches blade inspection service
- France-Spain electrical interconnection officially inaugurated and operating
- Honeywell Safety Products announces 2015 Miller Fall Prevention & Protection Training courses
- Eiffel Tower installs UGE wind turbines as part of monumental retrofit