Department of Energy
Updated: 9 hours 53 min ago
New data reveals there is a staggering £2.2 billion worth of savings available to households in the UK if they simply switch their energy supplier.
The Government is pushing ahead with its commitment to end public subsidies for onshore wind farms, by closing the Renewables Obligation across Great Britain from 1 April 2016.
Amber Rudd today announced new measures to investigate and tackle poor customer service from energy companies.
The government is committing to substantially increase the amount of funding we are providing to help the most vulnerable countries protect themselves from the effects of climate change.
David Cameron underlines UK support for climate change with ambitious funding deal announced in New York.
Energy Trends and Energy Prices published.
The latest provisional monthly energy statistics produced by the Department of Energy and Climate Change were released on 24 September 2015 according to the arrangements approved by the UK Statistics Authority.
Today the formal Environment Council of the EU took a step forward in reforming the EU’s Emissions Trading System (ETS).
EDF Energy has today been granted planning consent to construct a new gas power plant in Sutton Bridge, Lincolnshire.
Energy Minister Lord Bourne announces development consent has been refused for the proposed Navitus Bay offshore wind park.
Further measures to deal with the projected over-allocation of renewable energy subsidies have been announced today.
The Energy Minister Andrea Leadsom today announced planning decisions for six proposed energy infrastructure projects in Powys, Mid-Wales.
More than 7,000 households across England benefit from £25 million worth of government funding to tackle fuel poverty and keep bills low.
The latest provisional monthly energy statistics produced by the Department of Energy and Climate Change were released on 27 August 2015 according to the arrangements approved by the UK Statistics Authority.
The Oil & Gas Authority (OGA) – the UK’s oil and gas regulator – today announced that 27 onshore blocks from the 14th Onshore Oil and Gas Licensing Round will be formally offered to companies.
Shale gas planning applications will be fast-tracked through a new, dedicated planning process, under measures announced today.
Andrea Leadsom has today visited the IGas site at Doe Green, Warrington, to see what a potential hydraulic fracturing site would look like.
Planning consent was given today for construction of an offshore windfarm off the UK North East coast.
The Government has today laid out its response to the Competition and Markets Authority Provisional Findings on the state of the UK energy market.
Statistical press release to announce the publication of the Digest of United Kingdom Energy Statistics (DUKES) and 3 other key publications
- Better Plants Program Manufacturers Save More Than $2 Billion in Energy Costs
- DOI to Auction 344,000 Acres Offshore New Jersey for Wind Energy Development
- How to Win an Energy Department Solar Decathlon
- Showcasing U.S. Clean Energy Manufacturing Growth Powered by New Innovation Models
- Energy Department Announces $70 Million for Innovation Institute on Smart Manufacturing
- Energy Department Offers Energy Technical Assistance to Native American Communities
- Energy Department Announces $5 Million for Energy Planning in 11 States
- Energy Department Evaluates the Weatherization Assistance Program
- Energy Department Unveils Roadmap to Double U.S. Energy Productivity by 2030
- Energy Department to Invest $102 Million in Solar Energy
- Energy Department Awards Nearly $55 Million to Advance Fuel Efficient Vehicles
- Energy Department Awards $1.8 Million to Develop Wind Turbine Blades
- Energy Department Awards $22 Million to Support Next-Generation Electric Machines for Manufacturing
- Energy Department Releases the Second Quadrennial Technology Review
- Energy Department Announces $11 Million to Accelerate Alternative Fuel Use in Medium- and Heavy-Duty Vehicles
- Press release: Bill payers missing out on £2.2BN
- News story: Best deal for bill payers and investors as subsidies for onshore wind end
- News story: Tackling poor customer service in the energy sector
- News story: Finance boost to help protect developing countries from climate change
- Press release: Prime Minister urges fellow leaders to back climate change deal
- News story: UK energy statistics: statistical press release - September 2015
- News story: Energy Trends and Prices statistical release: 24 September 2015
- News story: EU agrees next steps to tackling climate change
- News story: New gas power station approved in Lincolnshire
- News story: Planning decision for Navitus Bay offshore wind park
- News story: Further action taken to prevent energy bills rising
- News story: Planning decisions for six Powys, Mid-Wales infrastructure projects
- News story: Residents across England win share of £25 million to warm their homes
- News story: Energy Trends and Prices statistical release: 27 August 2015
- News story: New onshore oil and gas blocks to be offered
- Green Charge Networks Enters Cal-ISO Market with 61 Energy Storage Systems
- Votorantim to Triple Wind Power Next Year, Sets 1 GW Goal
- Russia Turns to Sun, Wind to Improve Electricity Supply for Country’s Far East
- Minnesota Commission Revokes Permit for Comfrey Wind Project
- Top Energy Companies Join Forces to Launch Utility-Scale Energy Storage System