Department of Energy
Updated: 3 hours 8 min ago
Andrea Leadsom's speech at the Shale World UK 2016 conference in London
The Government is powering ahead with our plans to help guarantee secure, affordable and clean energy for the nation, as the Energy Bill comes into law.
Alex Chisholm has been appointed as the new Permanent Secretary for the Department of Energy and Climate Change.
The Independent Review of Tidal Lagoons will be led by industry expert Charles Hendry, supported by a team of seconded civil servants.
The Government is taking action to ensure the UK’s long-term energy security as it builds a system of energy infrastructure fit for the 21st century.
Andrea Leadsom's speech at the 8th Nuclear New Build Forum
Treasury analysis on the EU shows UK will be worse off by £4,300 a year per household if Britain votes to leave, the Chancellor explains.
A statement from the Secretary of State on the death of DECC's former Chief Scientific Advisor, Sir David MacKay.
Press release: UK, US and EU sign landmark deal to turn nuclear material into cancer-fighting treatment
The Prime Minister will announce an agreement on a multilateral swap of nuclear material that will help to diagnose and treat cancer.
Energy Trends and Energy Prices published.
Energy and Climate Change Secretary Amber Rudd has set out why we are stronger, safer and better off staying in Europe.
Secretary of State for Energy & Climate Change, Amber Rudd delivers a speech on the energy benefits of staying in the EU
5 reasons why we are backing Hinkley Point C, as part of our plan to tackle a legacy of under-investment in the UK's energy infrastructure and build a system fit for the 21st century.
News story: Biggest ever investigation into energy market builds on what government is doing to keep bills down
The Energy Secretary has responded today to the biggest ever investigation into the energy market.
New Permanent Secretary for Ministry of Defence
Stephen Lovegrove to be appointed MOD Permanent Secretary.
Addressing the Gender Imbalance in the Nuclear Industry.
- Energy Department Announces $3 Million for Industry HPC Access
- Lab-Corps Program Announces Second Round of Training for Entrepreneurial Teams at National Labs
- DOI Announces Milestone for Wind Energy Development Off New York's Shore
- Eagles are Making Wind Turbines Safer for Birds
- Energy Department Announces $25 Million for Next-Gen Electric Machines
- DOE’s Small Business Vouchers Pilot Selects 33 for Lab Collaboration
- Energy Department Announces Denver as Location for 2017 Solar Decathlon
- Mid-Winter Check In and Getting Ready for Spring
- Energy Department Announces $80 Million to Increase SuperTruck Efficiency
- Energy Department Announces $22 Million for Marine Energy Projects
- Energy Department Announces Finalists Vying for Wave Energy Prize
- Energy Department Solid-State Lighting Efforts Spark New Paradigm
- DOE Launches $40 Million Effort to Improve Materials for Clean Energy Solutions
- West Palm Beach, Florida, Announces Bigger Energy-Saving Goal, New Efficiency Upgrades
- Energy Department Recognizes Orlando Better Buildings Challenge Partners
- Speech: Government’s vision for shale gas in securing home grown energy supplies for the UK
- News story: Greater security for North Sea Oil and Gas as Energy Bill becomes law
- Press release: New Permanent Secretary for the Department of Energy and Climate Change
- News story: Head of Independent Review of Tidal Lagoons announced
- News story: Securing the UK’s electricity supply
- Speech: Realising the vision for a new fleet of nuclear power stations
- Speech: HM Treasury analysis on the EU referendum: George Osborne's speech
- News story: Amber Rudd statement on the death of Sir David MacKay
- Press release: UK, US and EU sign landmark deal to turn nuclear material into cancer-fighting treatment
- Press release: UK energy statistics: statistical press release - March 2016
- Press release: Electric shock of Brexit could see UK energy costs rocket by half a billion pounds
- Speech: Amber Rudd’s speech on the energy benefits of staying in the EU
- News story: 5 reasons why we are backing Hinkley Point C
- News story: Biggest ever investigation into energy market builds on what government is doing to keep bills down
- News story: New Permanent Secretary for Ministry of Defence
- Cleantech University Prize Highlights Next Generation of Clean Energy Innovators
- Tokyo Firm Taps Biomass in Japan for Market-Leading Gains
- How Canada Went Geothermal, and How the US Will, Too
- UK’s Renewable Energy Future Vulnerable Following Vote to Exit EU
- Natural Gas: Bridge or Barrier to a Clean Energy Future?