Department of Energy
Updated: 6 hours 9 min ago
COP21: A quick guide to the UN Climate Change Conference in Paris
Written Ministerial Statement by Amber Rudd regarding priorities for UK energy and climate change policy
Amber Rudd's speech on a new direction for UK energy policy
The Department of Energy and Climate Change has today set out a strategy to maximise the economic recovery of offshore oil and gas in the UK.
Energy and Climate Change Secretary Amber Rudd has set out her vision for an energy system that puts consumers first, delivers more competition, reduces the burden on bill-payers and ensures enough electricity generation to power the nation.
The Government has announced plans to close all coal-fired power stations by 2025 and restrict their use by 2023.
David Cameron and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi held a joint press conference during Prime Minister Modi's visit to the UK.
As part of the visit by the Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi to the UK, the UK and India reaffirmed the importance of addressing climate change and promoting secure, affordable and sustainable supplies of energy.
Lord Bourne’s speech at the Energy Management Exhibition.
Lord Bourne’s speech on the government’s vision for Smart Metering at Smart Energy GB’s event; 'Smarter Britain, Smarter Environment.'
Lord Bourne’s keynote speech at 19th Annual Chatham House Climate Change Conference, “Measuring Progress and Completing the Deal" session.
The latest provisional monthly energy statistics produced by the Department of Energy and Climate Change were released on 29 October 2015 according to the arrangements approved by the UK Statistics Authority.
New multifuel power station approved in West Yorkshire.
The UK and China have signed an agreement to work together to transition to the low carbon economy.
Prime Minister David Cameron and President Xi Jinping of China held a joint press conference during the President's state visit to the UK.
LetterOne transaction with INEOS
Written Ministerial Statement by Amber Rudd regarding Energy Investment
EDF and its Chinese partner China General Nuclear Corporation (CGN) have committed to Hinkley Point C during this week’s China State Visit
From 20–23 October the UK welcomes President Xi Jinping to London for the first State Visit from China in 10 years
New data reveals there is a staggering £2.2 billion worth of savings available to households in the UK if they simply switch their energy supplier.
- Energy Department Report: U.S. Clean Energy Technologies Accelerating
- Energy Department Launches New Initiative to Help Cities, States Advance Building Efficiency
- ACORE Releases its 2015
- STEM Middle School Mentoring Cafés Take It on the Road
- ENN on Holiday Hiatus for Thanksgiving Next Week
- Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grant Program Evaluation Results Released
- Energy Department, DOI to Help Indian Tribes Develop Energy Resources
- Interior Department Leases 344,000 Acres Offshore New Jersey for Wind Energy
- 2016 Fuel Economy Guide Highlights Fuel-Efficient Vehicles
- Energy Department Recognizes Arby’s Restaurant Group for Energy Performance
- Report: America’s Electric Grid Becoming Stronger
- 'Little Box Challenge' Inverters Arrive at NREL
- Win-Win Opportunities at the Sixth Annual U.S.-China Energy Efficiency Forum
- Energy Department Recognizes California County in Better Buildings Challenge
- USDA Funds 1,100 Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Projects Nationwide
- News story: Paris climate talks explained
- Statement to Parliament: Priorities for UK energy and climate change policy
- Speech: Amber Rudd's speech on a new direction for UK energy policy
- News story: DECC sets out strategy for UK Continental Shelf
- Press release: New direction for UK energy policy
- News story: Government announces plans to close coal power stations by 2025
- Speech: Joint press conference: David Cameron and Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- Press release: UK-India partnership on energy and climate change agreed
- Speech: Lord Bourne’s speech at the Energy Management Exhibition
- Speech: Lord Bourne’s speech on the government’s vision for Smart Metering
- Speech: Lord Bourne’s speech on the global climate change deal
- News story: Energy Trends and Prices statistical release: 29 October 2015
- News story: Ferrybridge multifuel 2 power station
- News story: UK and China sign the Clean Energy Partnership
- Speech: Joint press conference: David Cameron and President Xi Jinping
- Will Utilities Look at Solar Microgrids in the Rearview Mirror and Say 'Uh Oh'
- BLM Charges Exorbitant Rent, Fees for Solar, Energy Storage Compared to Fossil Fuels
- New York To Mandate 50 Percent Renewable Energy by 2030
- Ontario Grid Operator Awards Contracts for Nine Energy Storage Projects
- Appeals Court Tosses Complaint Over BLM Approval of Ocotillo Wind Project