Department of Energy
Updated: 4 hours 26 min ago
Oil and gas exploration on the UK Continental Shelf received a welcome boost today when the Oil and Gas Authority – the UK oil and gas regulator – announced the remaining winners from the 28th Offshore Licensing Round.
Energy and Climate Change Secretary Amber Rudd sets out why action on climate change matters to households and the economy.
Secretary of State Amber Rudd's speech to the Aviva conference, ‘Climate Change: The Financial Implications'.
In light of low take-up and concerns about industry standards there will be no further funding to the Green Deal Finance Company, in a move to protect taxpayers.
Two new power plants have been granted planning consent as the Government continues to attract investment in new energy infrastructure.
Written Ministerial Statement to the Lords on the Levy Control Framework.
Renewable energy subsidies revised to ensure consumers are protected from higher energy bills.
The Energy Minister Lord Bourne today granted planning consent for the Preesall Underground Gas Storage Facility project.
Areas to be excluded from underground fracking activities have been set out by the Government today, through draft regulations that define the protected areas in which fracking will be prohibited.
National Grid have published their winter outlook report.
Energy Bill to back investment and support jobs in North Sea oil and gas.
Green Growth Group Ministers issued the following joint statement on 9 July 2015.
The Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) has today published provisional findings from its investigation into the energy market.
Written Ministerial Statement on RHI amendment regulations by Lord Bourne, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change.
Minister of State Andrea Leadsom's speech at the Nuclear Industry Association conference.
After two years at the helm of Smart Energy GB, Baroness McDonagh has completed her term as Chair of the organisation.
DECC sets out its Capacity Market parameters for 2019/20 auction.
Speech by Lord Bourne at the Association of Decentralised Energy President's reception
Energy Trends and Quarterly Energy Prices published.
The latest provisional monthly energy statistics produced by the Department of Energy and Climate Change were released on 25 June 2015 according to the arrangements approved by the UK Statistics Authority.
- Energy Department Awards $18 Million to Develop Algae Bioproducts and Biofuels
- Solar Decathlon 2015: Nation’s Leading Sustainable Home Design Competition on the Horizon
- Yale University Seeks an Open Approach in Y-House
- Meet a 91-Year-Old NREL Wind Energy Pioneer
- Innovative Wave Power Device Starts Producing Clean Power in Hawaii
- New National Labs Pilot Opens Doors to Small Businesses
- NREL Partnerships to Help the Grid Accommodate More Renewable Energy
- Record-Breaking Solar Flight Reaches Hawaii, Will Remain for Repairs
- Carbon Fiber Technology Facility Set To Scale Up Industry
- U.S. Organizations Recognized for Cutting Parking Facility Energy Use by 60%
- New Analysis Center Releases First Report, Evaluates Opportunities in EV Battery Market
- Report: Global Renewable Energy Capacity Grows 8.5% in 2014
- Southeast Regional Summit to Convene Clean Energy Manufacturing Leaders on July 9
- ENN on Holiday Hiatus Next Week
- ARPA-E Announces 18 New Residential Heat and Bioenergy Crop Projects
- Press release: New offshore oil and gas exploration licences awarded
- News story: Combatting climate change: a vital safety net for families and businesses
- Speech: Secretary of State speech on Climate Change
- Press release: Green Deal Finance Company funding to end
- News story: Two new gas power stations given green light
- Statement to Parliament: Levy Control Framework cost controls
- Press release: Controlling the cost of renewable energy
- News story: Preesall underground gas storage facility receives planning consent
- News story: Government defines Protected Areas for shale developments
- News story: National Grid winter outlook report
- News story: Energy Bill to support energy security
- News story: Green Growth Group Statement: EU ETS Phase IV
- Government response: Secretary of State response to the CMA's provisional findings
- Statement to Parliament: Renewable Heat Incentive: Amendement regulations 2015
- Speech: Andrea Leadsom’s Speech to the Nuclear Industry Association