Department of Energy
Updated: 3 hours 57 min ago
Statement by Baroness Verma on the outcome of the strategic environmental assessment (SEA) which has been conducted for further onshore licensing.
Ministers today opened the bidding process for companies seeking licences to explore for onshore oil and gas, to help discover how the gas under our feet can help power our homes.
Due to overwhelming popular demand, the Green Deal Home Improvement Fund is closed for applications with immediate effect.
Today the Government launched a new long-term plan to deal permanently with the country’s radioactive waste.
Statement by Edward Davey on the publication of a white paper on geological disposal.
Launch of scientific calculator that investigates the impact on carbon emissions of biomass sourced from North America to produce electricity.
Renewable energy projects to compete for a budget of over £200 million a year, as part of reforms to the electricity market.
An impressive response to the Green Deal Home Improvement Fund has seen more than £43million worth of vouchers issued.
Written Ministerial Statement by Edward Davey on the future fuel poverty framework.
Future governments will be required by law to help fight fuel poverty.
Statement by Edward Davey on the Fourth Carbon Budget
Conclusion to the NMO investigation of energy labelling on refrigerators reveals abuses of tolerances.
Edward Davey speech to the CBI Energy Conference 2014.
Business, industry and other organisations will get help to cut their energy costs with £10 million available this year to improve efficiency and reduce energy demand.
The UK is calling for major reforms to improve the emissions “cap and trade” system put in place by the European Union since 2005 to tackle climate change.
The Government today announced it would contribute short term funding of £15 million over five years to help kickstart the establishment of a new regulatory body for the UK’s offshore oil and gas industry.
Rampion offshore wind farm off the coast of Sussex has today been given consent from the government to go ahead.
Edward Davey's statement following the appointment of new DECC ministers Matthew Hancock and Amber Rudd.
Over £500,000 has been assigned to help rural community energy projects across England.
Secretary of State Edward Davey speech to the Smart Energy GB Launch Event.
- Energy Department Announces Up $31 Million for Geothermal Systems Field Observatory
- Energy Department and USDA Announce Bioenergy Projects in 10 States
- $4 Billion in Loan Guarantees Offered for Renewable, Energy Efficiency Projects
- Energy Department Selects $3.5 Million to Develop Algal Biofuels
- DOI Releases Ecosystems Carbon Report for Eastern United States
- Energy Department Offers Conditional Loan to Offshore Wind Energy Project
- Energy Department Launches Microgrid Competition
- New York Unveils First Electric Vehicle Charging Stations in Statewide Plan
- Texas Hits New Peak Wind Output
- Deploying American-Made Clean Energy Technologies in South Africa
- Energy Department Awards $100 Million for Innovative Energy Research
- ARPA-E Awards $33 Million for New Fuel Cell Projects
- DOI Announces Largest U.S. Offshore Wind Energy Area for Development
- Small Businesses Receive $3 Million in Support from the Energy Department
- Small Business Innovation Research Projects to Make a Big Impact on Clean Energy Economy
- Statement to Parliament: Outcome of the strategic environmental assessment
- Press release: New onshore licensing round opens
- Press release: Applications to the Green Deal Home Improvement Fund close
- Press release: New long-term plan to safely dispose of radioactive waste
- Statement to Parliament: Publication of Implementing Geological Disposal White Paper 2014
- Press release: Biomass calculator launched
- Press release: Over £200 million boost for renewables
- Press release: Green Deal Home Improvement Fund reaches £50 million milestone in six weeks
- Statement to Parliament: Future fuel poverty framework: target, strategy and advisory group
- Press release: Cutting the cost of keeping warm to tackle fuel poverty
- Statement to Parliament: Review of the Fourth Carbon Budget
- News story: New world refrigerator ecodesign investigation
- Speech: Speech to the CBI Energy Conference 2014
- Press release: Boost for business energy efficiency and electricity sector investment
- Press release: UK calls for major changes to EU’s “cap and trade” emissions system
- Shermco’s Jim White conducts training session at NTI annual event
- Deutsche Messe AG expands Brazil-based renewables trade show Renex South America
- Tackling water, energy, environmental issues on a global scale
- Pressure equalization calculator finds an enclosure’s required air flow
- GE invests in Atria Power’s wind farms in India, supports $1 billion annual RE investment commitment