Department of Energy
Updated: 10 hours 39 min ago
Leading offshore wind suppliers, EEW SPC of Germany and Bladt Industries of Denmark plan to invest up to £20-£25m in TAG energy, creating up to 350 jobs in the local area.
The UK has committed up to £720 million to the Green Climate Fund, joining other major economies to help developing countries adapt to climate change and go low-carbon.
People in rural areas living in draughty homes will be a lot cosier this winter thanks to government action.
Minister of State for Energy, Matthew Hancock, signed an agreement with Canada to work together on research and knowledge sharing for carbon capture and storage (CCS).
Speech by Matthew Hancock on how the strength of the UK-Canada relationship is allowing us to face global energy challenges together.
The UN, Microsoft and the WildlifeTrusts will be among a huge number of national and international organisations taking part in a global ‘tweetathon’ on climate change – and they want you to take part.
Energy priorities speech by Energy Minister, Matthew Hancock.
The Urban Community Energy Fund has been launched today, giving community groups in England the opportunity to bid for grants of up to £20,000, or loans of up to £130,000.
Statement by the Secretary of State, Edward Davey on the US-China climate deal announcement.
Edward Davey addresses the RenewableUK conference in Manchester.
Announcement of first national UK onshore oil and gas college.
More social landlords and their tenants could soon be benefitting from renewable heating, helping them have warmer homes and lower bills.
Speech: The Association of Directors of Environment, Economy, Planning & Transport Annual Conference
Speech by Energy Minister Matthew Hancock to the ADEPT conference 2014.
Walney Extension offshore wind farm in the Irish Sea has been given consent from the government to go ahead.
Edward Davey on the publication of the Government’s Annual Energy Statement 2014.
Household energy bills this year are an average £90 lower than they would otherwise have been, thanks to the impact of Government energy policies.
Press release: Andy Samuel new chief executive of Oil & Gas Authority as new North Sea licence blocks announced
Andy Samuel, currently Managing Director of BG Group’s Exploration and Production in Europe, has been appointed as the chief executive of the Oil and Gas Authority (OGA).
Statement by Edward Davey on the appointment of Andy Samuel as Chief Executive Officer of the OGA.
Statement by Edward Davey on the publication of the Wood Review Call for Evidence.
Statement by Edward Davey on the Offshore Licensing Round.
- Energy Department Awards $425 Million for Next-Generation Supercomputing
- Energy Department Offers $5 Million for Residential Energy Efficiency, Partnerships
- DOI First Right-of-Way for Renewable Energy Transmission in Federal Waters
- New York Announces $206 Million in Awards for New Renewable Energy Projects
- 10 Facts to Know About Data Centers
- Energy Department and EPA Release 2015 Fuel Economy Guide
- Energy Department Recognizes Cummins for Deep Energy Retrofit
- NREL, Army Validate Energy Savings for Net-Zero Energy Installations
- IEA Wind 2013 Annual Report Released
- Sparking Clean Energy Interest from Students in Washington
- Obama Administration Releases Federal Agency Climate Plans
- Energy Department Offers $15 Million to Integrate Solar Energy into the Grid
- Energy Department Announces New Lab Program to Accelerate Clean Energy Commercialization
- Energy Department Launches H2 Refuel H-Prize Competition
- Wave Energy Device Testing Gets $10 Million in Energy Department Support
- News story: Leading offshore wind suppliers invest in TAG Energy facility in Teesside
- Press release: UK pledges to help hardest hit by climate change
- News story: Energy efficiency in rural homes increases by almost 3000% in six months
- Press release: Taking pollution out of our power stations
- Speech: Speech at the Europe-Canada Energy Summit
- News story: #BackClimateAction tweetathon
- Speech: Energy Priorities
- Press release: Communities can create their own power stations
- News story: Statement on US-China climate deal
- Speech: Speech to RenewableUK
- Press release: Skilling up shale: First national UK onshore oil and gas college announced
- News story: More households can benefit from renewable heating
- Speech: The Association of Directors of Environment, Economy, Planning & Transport Annual Conference
- Press release: Flagship Walney offshore wind farm one step closer to expansion
- Statement to Parliament: Annual Energy Statement 2014
- EPA Abandons Renewable Fuel Standard Rulemaking for 2014
- Cheap Electricity Trumps Solar in India's Rural Communities
- Sunnova Raises $250 Million to Expand Residential Solar in U.S. and Overseas
- Biogas at Home: A Renewable No-Brainer
- Top Five Things People Can't Seem to Remember about the Ivanpah CSP Plant
- 10 tips for streamlining PCB thermal design: A high level how-to guide
- Temporal Power puts a new spin on renewable-energy storage
- Bachmann intros multitouch, multitask, and multifunctional displays
- Bladt and EEW to open UK monopile plant
- New offshore vessel ready in about a month? Yes, and for offshore wind techs, say hello to your new ride