Department of Energy
Updated: 35 min 56 sec ago
The Secretary of State has made a decision regards the petroleum licences for the Dea UK North Sea assets recently acquired by LetterOne.
New laws give energy regulators across the UK powers to prosecute people suspected of abusing the energy market.
Jointly funded Industrial Research & Feasibility study for Caledonia Clean Energy Project
The joint statement was issued by the British and Norwegian Prime Ministers on the North Sea Network (NSN) electricity interconnector.
Earth Hour is a global annual event, run by WWF, where hundreds of millions of people switch off their lights for one hour in a symbolic display to show their commitment to the planet.
The £70 million available through the third release of the Green Deal Home Improvement Fund (GDHIF) has been fully allocated.
Central Heating Fund enables up to 8,000 fuel poor homes to stay warmer for less.
The latest provisional monthly energy statistics produced by the Department of Energy and Climate Change were released on 26 March 2015 according to the arrangements approved by the UK Statistics Authority.
Energy Trends and Quarterly Energy Prices published.
One million homes could be tapping into clean renewable heat hidden in our waterways.
Written Ministerial Statement by Edward Davey MP, Secretary of State for energy and climate change, on the UK Green Investment Bank and the UK International Climate Fund.
Secretary of State Edward Davey's speech at the Association of British Insurers.
Winners of a DECC image competition have shown the impacts climate change is having on people in the UK and across the world.
More than £38 million was saved by 130,000 households switching energy supplier - in just one month of the ‘Power to Switch’ campaign.
Written Ministerial Statement on funding of the Oil and Gas Authority by Secretary of State Edward Davey MP.
The government has outlined a package of support for the oil industry.
Businesses can now take their solar panels with them when they relocate, allowing them to continue to reap the benefits of lower energy bills.
Statement to Parliament: Government Response to Call for Evidence on how to implement the Wood Review recommendations to maximise economic recovery of oil and gas from the UK Continental Shelf
Written Ministerial Statement on Wood review implementation government response to call for evidence by Secretary of State Edward Davey MP.
Tens of thousands of homes and businesses across England are now powered by locally owned renewable energy projects.
Rebuttal of the report by the Centre for Policy Studies, which ignores the reality of the energy market.
- Energy Department Awards $200 Million for Argonne's Next-Gen Supercomputer
- Energy Department to Fund R&D to Advance Low-Impact Hydropower Technologies
- U.S. Cities Among Latest to Join Global Climate Action Pledge
- USDA Awards Funds to Expand and Accelerate Wood Energy Markets
- Stevens Pioneers a Post-Hurricane Sandy World with SURE HOUSE
- EPA, Energy Department Honor 2015 ENERGY STAR Partners of the Year
- U.N. Report: Global Investment in Renewable Energy Rebounds in 2014
- Energy Department Publishes $1 Million H2 Refuel H-Prize Competition Specs
- Energy Department's Building America Program Seeks Feedback on Proposals
- U.S. Virgin Islands Ramping Up Clean Energy Efforts with an Eye Toward a Sustainable Future
- Energy Department Offers Conditional Loan to Alcoa for Automotive Sector
- Energy Department, DOI, and Army Corps of Engineers Renew Hydropower Partnership
- Cleveland Partners Recognized by Energy Department for Leadership in Saving Energy
- Virginia Receives First Offshore Wind Energy Research Lease in Federal Waters
- National Parks Move Forward on Sustainable Transportation in Partnership with Clean Cities
- News story: Secretary of State decision on LetterOne North Sea gas fields acquisition
- News story: Government gets tough on energy market misconduct
- News story: £4.2m for CCS research at Grangemouth
- Press release: UK and Norway: Building links to deliver energy security and prosperity
- News story: Earth Hour 2015
- Press release: Third release of popular Green Deal Home Improvement Fund fully allocated
- Press release: The heat is on to ensure warmer, healthy homes for everyone
- News story: Energy trends and prices statistical release: 26 March 2015
- News story: UK energy statistics: statistical press release - March 2015
- Press release: Cold water could heat one million homes
- Statement to Parliament: UK Green Investment Bank International Pilot
- Speech: Speech at the Association of British Insurers
- News story: Image competition winners show personal impact of climate change
- Press release: Millions saved in one month as switching energy supplier rockets
- Statement to Parliament: Funding the Oil and Gas Authority: consultation on levy design
- China Adds Equivalent of France's Entire Solar Capacity in Three Months
- Hanwha to Sell NextEra Solar Panels in Record 1.5-Gigawatt Deal
- Japan Solar Boom Spurred by Low-Interest Loans from Local Banks, Credit Unions, Utilities
- Experts Agree: We Can Preserve Electric Reliability and Protect Public Health Under Clean Power Plan
- Donate Trees to Communities in Need on Earth Day