Department of Energy
Updated: 1 hour 9 min ago
The UK’s first ever Electricity Demand Reduction (EDR) auction is taking place today.
2 million low-income and vulnerable households will get £140 off their energy bills, thanks to the Warm Home Discount scheme.
The latest provisional monthly energy statistics produced by the Department of Energy and Climate Change were released on 29 January 2015 according to the arrangements approved by the UK Statistics Authority.
Amber Rudd address to the electricity storage network annual conference to highlight the benefits of low carbon innovation to UK energy security and the level of UK involvement in the expanding & global energy storage industry.
Edward Davey speech on the prospects for a global deal at the UNFCC climate conference in Paris, December 2015.
Edward Davey speech at the launch of the 2050 Global Calculator.
The government is making an extra £25 million of funding available in world leading auctions for low carbon support, following high levels of demand for contracts.
Cutting carbon emissions to limit global temperatures to a 2°C rise can be achieved while improving living standards, a new online tool shows.
The Government yesterday announced a commitment to ban fracking in National Parks.
Statement to Parliament: Second Triennial Review of the Committee on Radioactive Waste Management (CoRWM)
Statement by Baroness Verma on the announcement of the second Triennial Review of the Committee on Radioactive Waste Management (CoRWM).
A share of £100,000 is up for grabs as part of a new community energy competition launched today by Energy and Climate Change Secretary, Edward Davey.
News story: Government seeks views on a new contract negotiation process for Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon project
Views are being sought from stakeholders on the approach the government would take if it decides to enter into Contract for Difference (CFD) negotiations for the Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon project in South Wales.
Energy efficiency measures reach one million homes milestone - four months ahead of the March 2015 target.
Government competition to boost innovation in the heat industry, drive down energy bills and cut carbon emissions in the UK.
Environment Agency grants Cuadrilla environmental permits for shale gas exploration. Strong environmental standards are in place.
News story: Edward Davey asks new Oil and Gas Authority CEO to lead urgent commission into North Sea industry
Edward Davey is visiting Aberdeen for talks with oil and gas industry leaders against a backdrop of the recent dramatic slide in world oil prices.
Switching energy supplier could save many people around £300 – and some could save more – off their bills, and it’s now quicker to do than ever before.
Statement by Edward Davey on Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) announcement of a change to its commercial model at Sellafield.
New, simplified management arrangements to be introduced at Sellafield to ensure the long-term success of the clean-up programme.
Daily Mail’s article ‘New wind turbine farce’ on Friday 2nd January misleads its readers as it uses old statistics on renewables.
- Energy Department Announces $55 Million to Advance Fuel-Efficient Vehicles
- NREL Releases the 2013 Renewable Energy Data Book
- DOI Approves Southwest Transmission Line to Modernize Grid
- The Future is Now for Advanced Vehicles
- Sefaira OffersEnergyPlus-Based, Early-Stage Design Tool For Mechanical Engineers
- Energy Department Offers $3.6 Million Hydroelectric Production Incentive
- Solar Foundation Report: Solar Energy Jobs Surged in 2014
- NASA, NOAA Find 2014 Warmest Year in Modern Record
- High-Speed Rail Authority Hosts Official Groundbreaking Ceremony
- National Energy Education Summit to Electrify D.C.
- ARPA-E Offers $125 Million for Transformational Energy Projects
- Energy Department Offers $8 Million for Advanced MKH Energy Components
- Energy Department Announces $2.5 Million to Improve Wind Forecasting
- Bloomberg Report: Global Clean Energy Investment Climbs 16% in 2014
- GM Unveils New Plug-in EV Chevy Concept Car
- News story: UK’s first ever auction to reduce demand on electricity takes place today
- News story: 2 million families and pensioners to get money off energy bills
- News story: Energy trends and prices statistical release: 29 January 2015
- Speech: Energy storage innovation showcase
- Speech: The Prospects for Paris
- Speech: Launch of the 2050 Global Calculator
- News story: World-leading auctions for low carbon projects to begin in UK
- Press release: World can cut carbon emissions and live well
- News story: Shale developments to be banned in all UK national parks
- Statement to Parliament: Second Triennial Review of the Committee on Radioactive Waste Management (CoRWM)
- News story: Win a share of £100k and cut your energy bills
- News story: Government seeks views on a new contract negotiation process for Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon project
- Press release: Government schemes make winter warmer for one million homes
- News story: £7m boost to heat industry innovation
- Press release: Environment Agency grants shale gas permit for Preston New Road
- Wind sector acquisition activity ramps up, project acquisitions double to $13 billion in 2014, reports Mercom Capital Group
- Gas, wind contribute bulk of new capacity additions in 2014
- Lapp bushing system seals, clamps cables that go through walls
- 2014 year-end energy briefing: The future of the wind industry
- Windtech - Gamesa and Iberdrola launch new monitoring system