Department of Energy
Updated: 6 min 34 sec ago
More than 7,000 households across England benefit from £25 million worth of government funding to tackle fuel poverty and keep bills low.
The latest provisional monthly energy statistics produced by the Department of Energy and Climate Change were released on 27 August 2015 according to the arrangements approved by the UK Statistics Authority.
The Oil & Gas Authority (OGA) – the UK’s oil and gas regulator – today announced that 27 onshore blocks from the 14th Onshore Oil and Gas Licensing Round will be formally offered to companies.
Shale gas planning applications will be fast-tracked through a new, dedicated planning process, under measures announced today.
Andrea Leadsom has today visited the IGas site at Doe Green, Warrington, to see what a potential hydraulic fracturing site would look like.
Planning consent was given today for construction of an offshore windfarm off the UK North East coast.
The Government has today laid out its response to the Competition and Markets Authority Provisional Findings on the state of the UK energy market.
Statistical press release to announce the publication of the Digest of United Kingdom Energy Statistics (DUKES) and 3 other key publications
The latest provisional monthly energy statistics produced by the Department of Energy and Climate Change were released on 30 July 2015 according to the arrangements approved by the UK Statistics Authority.
Oil and gas exploration on the UK Continental Shelf received a welcome boost today when the Oil and Gas Authority – the UK oil and gas regulator – announced the remaining winners from the 28th Offshore Licensing Round.
Energy and Climate Change Secretary Amber Rudd sets out why action on climate change matters to households and the economy.
Secretary of State Amber Rudd's speech to the Aviva conference, ‘Climate Change: The Financial Implications'.
In light of low take-up and concerns about industry standards there will be no further funding to the Green Deal Finance Company, in a move to protect taxpayers.
Two new power plants have been granted planning consent as the Government continues to attract investment in new energy infrastructure.
Written Ministerial Statement to the Lords on the Levy Control Framework.
Renewable energy subsidies revised to ensure consumers are protected from higher energy bills.
The Energy Minister Lord Bourne today granted planning consent for the Preesall Underground Gas Storage Facility project.
Areas to be excluded from underground fracking activities have been set out by the Government today, through draft regulations that define the protected areas in which fracking will be prohibited.
National Grid have published their winter outlook report.
Energy Bill to back investment and support jobs in North Sea oil and gas.
- Energy Department Awards up to $4 Million to Develop Advanced Biofuels
- Energy Department Announces $10 Million to Advance Efficient Highway Transportation
- Energy Department Picks Lead for U.S.-China Energy-Water Research
- Renewable Jet Fuel Is Taking Flight
- $1 Billion in Energy Department Initiatives for Clean Energy Technologies
- Energy Department Awards Up to $9 Million for Cellulosic Bioenergy Systems
- DOI Approves 485-Megawatt Blythe Mesa Solar Project in California
- Team NY Alfred Creates a Model for Western New York State
- Energy Department Recognizes Arizona’s School District in Better Buildings Challenge
- ARPA-E Announces Five New Projects to Reduce Transportation Energy Use
- NREL Report Examines Energy Use in Cities and Proposes Next Steps for Energy Innovation
- Safer Access to Offshore Wind Turbine Platforms is Demonstrated
- Energy Department Reports Highlight Trends of Growing U.S. Wind Energy Industry
- Energy Department Awards $7.4 Million for Wave and Tidal Energy Systems
- USDA Invests $63 Million to Support Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Projects
- News story: Residents across England win share of £25 million to warm their homes
- News story: Energy Trends and Prices statistical release: 27 August 2015
- News story: New onshore oil and gas blocks to be offered
- News story: Faster decision making on shale gas for economic growth and energy security
- News story: Minister of State visits Doe Green IGas site
- News story: Offshore wind farm gets the go ahead
- News story: Official response to provisional CMA report
- News story: Statistical press release: Digest of United Kingdom Energy Statistics 2015
- News story: Energy Trends and Prices statistical release: 30 July 2015
- Press release: New offshore oil and gas exploration licences awarded
- News story: Combatting climate change: a vital safety net for families and businesses
- Speech: Secretary of State speech on Climate Change
- Press release: Green Deal Finance Company funding to end
- News story: Two new gas power stations given green light
- Statement to Parliament: Levy Control Framework cost controls