Department of Energy
Updated: 3 hours 12 min ago
The latest work on incorrect energy labels, focusing on freezers, has resulted in a successful outcome for the National Measurement Office.
DECC has given the go ahead to major chemicals giant Ineos to take a majority share in an onshore oil and gas licence block in Scotland by taking over BG’s interest (51%).
By removing barriers to deep underground drilling access we are speeding up oil and gas and deep geothermal energy exploration.
The latest provisional monthly energy statistics produced by the Department of Energy and Climate Change were released on 25 September 2014 according to the arrangements approved by the UK Statistics Authority.
Energy Trends and Quarterly Energy Prices published.
Robin Grimes, Chief Scientific Advisor to the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office delivered the UK statement to the International Atomic Energy Agency General Conference, Vienna, Austria
The UN summit on climate change has “successfully fires the starting gun” to a critical fifteen months of climate diplomacy, according to UK Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change, Edward Davey.
Energy and Climate Change Minister, Baroness Verma, today announced the appointment of Non-Executive Directors of the National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL).
Abu Dhabi-owned green energy giant Masdar has confirmed that it will invest £525 million for a 35% stake in the planned Dudgeon offshore wind farm, alongside Norweigan partners Statoil and Stakraft.
David Cameron spoke about addressing climate change through global action at the UN Climate Summit 2014.
Joint Statement on REDD+ by Germany, Norway and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, United Nations Climate Summit, 23 September, 2014
Germany, Norway and the United Kingdom, three of the largest supporters of forest conservation, announced today their continued financial commitment to REDD+, or reducing greenhouse gas emissions from deforestation and forest degradation.
The Prime Minister led a delegation to the 69th session of the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) in New York.
Baroness Verma's speech on energy efficiency to the Elmhurst Energy Conference for energy and sustainability professionals.
Edward Davey's response to the publication of the New Climate Economy report: ‘Better Growth, Better Climate’.
Energy Minister Matt Hancock is backing a campaign encouraging heating oil users to stock up early before winter sets in.
Speech by Climate Change Secretary Edward Davey setting out the UK government’s new vision for a global climate deal in Paris 2015.
UK government sets out vision for global climate deal in Paris 2015.
Statement to Parliament: Publication of Paris 2015: Securing our prosperity through a Global Climate Change Agreement
Statement by Edward Davey on the publication of 'Paris 2015: Securing our prosperity through a Global Climate Change Agreement'.
Edward Davey speaks at the Powering Up! conference for local authorities and community energy groups.
- Energy Department Announces $5 Million for Clean Energy Projects at Federal Facilities
- Energy Department, Navy, and USDA Support Three Biorefineries for Drop-In Biofuels
- Energy Department Takes Major Steps to Increase U.S. Energy Productivity and Manufacturing
- Energy Department Announces $2 Million to Support Manufacturing of Taller Wind Turbine Towers
- U.S. Employers Drive Change with Workplace Charging
- Energy Department Recognizes University of Utah in Better Buildings Challenge
- USDA Announces $23 Million for Smart Grid Improvements
- DOT Funds 72 Transportation Projects in 2014
- Nevada Selected As Official Site for Tesla Battery Factory
- ARPA-E Project Takes an Innovative Approach to the Electrical Grid
- Marine and Hydrokinetic Industry Gets $7 Million Energy Department Investment
- Energy Department Announces $8 Million to Improve Resiliency of the Grid
- Energy Department Awards $4.5 Million for Wind Power Projects
- Project LIBERTY Biorefinery Starts Cellulosic Ethanol Production
- Training Veterans for Careers in Clean Energy
- News story: Further Market Surveillance Success from the NMO Enforcement Team
- Press release: Ineos awarded license for onshore oil and gas exploration
- News story: Government to remove barriers to onshore oil and gas and deep geothermal exploration
- News story: Energy trends and prices statistical release: 25 September 2014
- Press release: UK energy statistics: statistical press release - September 2014
- Speech: UK statement to the 2014 International Atomic Energy Agency General Conference
- Press release: UK hails successful start to 15 months of climate diplomacy
- Press release: DECC announces National Nuclear Laboratory Non-Executive appointees
- Press release: Masdar to invest more than £525 million in Dudgeon offshore wind farm
- Speech: UN Climate Summit 2014: David Cameron’s remarks
- Government response: Joint statement on REDD+
- Press release: Renewed support to reduce emissions through protecting the world’s forests
- News story: United Nations General Assembly 2014
- Speech: Speech to the Elmhurst Energy Conference
- Government response: New Climate Economy report