Department of Energy
Updated: 6 hours 8 min ago
Works associated with the laying of the undersea electricity cable between the UK and Norway have been approved by the MMO.
Speech by Baroness Verma to the NDA supply chain event on 6th November.
Cutting edge low carbon energy projects get £5 million Government funding boost and 19 British firms win investment
The latest provisional monthly energy statistics produced by the Department of Energy and Climate Change were released on 27 November 2014 according to the arrangements approved by the UK Statistics Authority.
Edward Davey speech to the Energy Saving Opportunity Scheme Roadshow.
By reducing energy consumption by 1 per cent, big businesses could save over £250 million on their energy bills annually.
Speech by Secretary of State Edward Davey to the Tidal Energy Summit.
Businesses will be able to take their solar panels with them when they relocate under proposed changes planned by government.
73% of people want world leaders to agree a global deal and 66% think action must happen now, according to a new Populus survey.
Leading offshore wind suppliers, EEW SPC of Germany and Bladt Industries of Denmark plan to invest up to £20-£25m in TAG energy, creating up to 350 jobs in the local area.
The UK has committed up to £720 million to the Green Climate Fund, joining other major economies to help developing countries adapt to climate change and go low-carbon.
People in rural areas living in draughty homes will be a lot cosier this winter thanks to government action.
Minister of State for Energy, Matthew Hancock, signed an agreement with Canada to work together on research and knowledge sharing for carbon capture and storage (CCS).
Speech by Matthew Hancock on how the strength of the UK-Canada relationship is allowing us to face global energy challenges together.
The UN, Microsoft and the WildlifeTrusts will be among a huge number of national and international organisations taking part in a global ‘tweetathon’ on climate change – and they want you to take part.
Energy priorities speech by Energy Minister, Matthew Hancock.
The Urban Community Energy Fund has been launched today, giving community groups in England the opportunity to bid for grants of up to £20,000, or loans of up to £130,000.
Statement by the Secretary of State, Edward Davey on the US-China climate deal announcement.
Edward Davey addresses the RenewableUK conference in Manchester.
Announcement of first national UK onshore oil and gas college.
- Energy Department Announces $55 Million to Advance Fuel-Efficient Vehicles
- NREL Releases the 2013 Renewable Energy Data Book
- DOI Approves Southwest Transmission Line to Modernize Grid
- The Future is Now for Advanced Vehicles
- Sefaira OffersEnergyPlus-Based, Early-Stage Design Tool For Mechanical Engineers
- Energy Department Offers $3.6 Million Hydroelectric Production Incentive
- Solar Foundation Report: Solar Energy Jobs Surged in 2014
- NASA, NOAA Find 2014 Warmest Year in Modern Record
- High-Speed Rail Authority Hosts Official Groundbreaking Ceremony
- National Energy Education Summit to Electrify D.C.
- ARPA-E Offers $125 Million for Transformational Energy Projects
- Energy Department Offers $8 Million for Advanced MKH Energy Components
- Energy Department Announces $2.5 Million to Improve Wind Forecasting
- Bloomberg Report: Global Clean Energy Investment Climbs 16% in 2014
- GM Unveils New Plug-in EV Chevy Concept Car
- News story: World-leading auctions for low carbon projects to begin in UK
- Press release: World can cut carbon emissions and live well
- News story: Shale developments to be banned in all UK national parks
- Statement to Parliament: Second Triennial Review of the Committee on Radioactive Waste Management (CoRWM)
- News story: Win a share of £100k and cut your energy bills
- News story: Government seeks views on a new contract negotiation process for Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon project
- Press release: Government schemes make winter warmer for one million homes
- News story: £7m boost to heat industry innovation
- Press release: Environment Agency grants shale gas permit for Preston New Road
- News story: Edward Davey asks new Oil and Gas Authority CEO to lead urgent commission into North Sea industry
- Press release: January energy detox: leaner tariffs in half the time
- Statement to Parliament: Nuclear Decommissioning Authority
- Press release: Future management of Sellafield announcement
- News story: Response to Daily Mail article on wind turbines
- News story: Andy Samuel begins role as new Chief Executive of Oil & Gas Authority