Department of Energy
Updated: 4 hours 38 min ago
World-leading competitive auctions have led to contracts being offered to 27 renewable electricity projects, which together could power 1.4m homes, comparable to the number of households in Wales.
Forty new technologies have won funding through the first round of Innovate UK’s Energy Catalyst.
Responding to the Secretary of State’s commission to assess the impact of the sharp decline in global oil prices on the UK oil and gas industry, Oil and Gas Authority (OGA) Chief Executive, Dr Andy Samuel today published his initial findings and issued an urgent call to action for industry, Government and the regulator.
Nine EU ministers, including Edward Davey, have signed a letter calling for reform to the EU Emissions Trading System.
This is your opportunity to use photography to tell your climate change story.
An offshore wind project has today been given the go ahead that is expected to support up to 900 green jobs in Yorkshire and Humberside
By shopping around and taking advantage of the best energy deals on the market, millions of people can save around £200 - and some can save even more.
Nicola Hodson has been appointed to the Gas and Electricity Markets Authority (GEMA) for 5 years, DECC today confirmed.
Infrastructure Act becomes law.
Amber Rudd keynote speech at Cleantech Innovate London showcase event.
DECC is extending vouchers from the first release of the Green Deal Home Improvement Fund (GDHIF) until Tuesday 31 March 2015.
Environment Agency grants Cuadrilla environmental permits for shale gas exploration. Strong environmental standards are in place.
Up to 1 million tenants renting from a private landlord can look forward to warmer homes that cost less to heat, under new government plans.
Organisations up and down the country have been awarded a total of £1.28m for capacity totalling 5,589kW as part of the UK’s first ever auction to reduce demand for electricity at peak times.
The Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) team will be attending a series of roadshows to explain how renewable heat could be the smarter way to heat your home.
The UK’s first ever Electricity Demand Reduction (EDR) auction is taking place today.
2 million low-income and vulnerable households will get £140 off their energy bills, thanks to the Warm Home Discount scheme.
The latest provisional monthly energy statistics produced by the Department of Energy and Climate Change were released on 29 January 2015 according to the arrangements approved by the UK Statistics Authority.
Amber Rudd address to the electricity storage network annual conference to highlight the benefits of low carbon innovation to UK energy security and the level of UK involvement in the expanding & global energy storage industry.
Edward Davey speech on the prospects for a global deal at the UNFCC climate conference in Paris, December 2015.
- Energy Department Announces New Projects to Help Protect Wildlife at Wind Energy Plants
- Energy Department Recognizes Two Texas Partners for Advancing Energy Efficiency
- Report: U.S. Energy-Related CO
- DOT Announces $500 Million in Seventh Round of TIGER Funding
- FGC Plasma Solutions Wins 2015 Regional Clean Energy Challenge
- Energy Department Awards $200 Million for Argonne's Next-Gen Supercomputer
- Energy Department to Fund R&D to Advance Low-Impact Hydropower Technologies
- U.S. Cities Among Latest to Join Global Climate Action Pledge
- USDA Awards Funds to Expand and Accelerate Wood Energy Markets
- Stevens Pioneers a Post-Hurricane Sandy World with SURE HOUSE
- EPA, Energy Department Honor 2015 ENERGY STAR Partners of the Year
- U.N. Report: Global Investment in Renewable Energy Rebounds in 2014
- Energy Department Publishes $1 Million H2 Refuel H-Prize Competition Specs
- Energy Department's Building America Program Seeks Feedback on Proposals
- U.S. Virgin Islands Ramping Up Clean Energy Efforts with an Eye Toward a Sustainable Future
- News story: Secretary of State decision on LetterOne North Sea gas fields acquisition
- News story: Government gets tough on energy market misconduct
- News story: £4.2m for CCS research at Grangemouth
- Press release: UK and Norway: Building links to deliver energy security and prosperity
- News story: Earth Hour 2015
- Press release: Third release of popular Green Deal Home Improvement Fund fully allocated
- Press release: The heat is on to ensure warmer, healthy homes for everyone
- News story: Energy trends and prices statistical release: 26 March 2015
- News story: UK energy statistics: statistical press release - March 2015
- Press release: Cold water could heat one million homes
- Statement to Parliament: UK Green Investment Bank International Pilot
- Speech: Speech at the Association of British Insurers
- News story: Image competition winners show personal impact of climate change
- Press release: Millions saved in one month as switching energy supplier rockets
- Statement to Parliament: Funding the Oil and Gas Authority: consultation on levy design
- Tesla-Powered Wal-Mart Stores Attest to Musk's Energy Storage Ambitions
- US Power Grid’s $2 Trillion Upgrade Needs European Efficiency
- Arts Council Looks to Solar Energy to Make Art Available for All
- Turning Bakken Oil Well Waste Water Into Clean Geothermal Power
- Represent Renewables: One Week Left to Enter PEI's EMEA Project of the Year Awards