Department of Energy
Updated: 3 hours 50 min ago
The new CCA scheme has started, providing an extension to the Climate Change Levy rebate for energy intensive industries until 2023
Michael Fallon MP is appointed as Energy Minister, replacing John Hayes MP.
Energy trends and Quarterly energy prices published.
The latest national statistics on Energy Trends and Prices, released on 28 March 2013
An oil and gas strategy to secure billions of pounds of future investment and thousands of jobs will be unveiled by the UK government today
Edward Davey article in the Telegraph on the latest DECC analysis showing the impact of policies on energy prices and bills
New analysis highlights the extent to which energy and climate change policies are tempering the impact on household energy bills of global gas prices and network costs.
DECC publishes the Government's Heat Strategy and provides an update on the Renewable Heat Incentive
Vince Cable announces new funding awards that will enhance the supply chain and increase opportunities in the nuclear industry
As part of the wider announcement on the Nuclear Industrial Strategy, and following a strategic review, the Government intends to make some changes to the role and organisation of the National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL)
Government publishes industrial strategy to enable the UK to seize the opportunities for economic growth in the nuclear industry.
Statement to Parliament: Contingencies Fund: Setting up transitional and enduring arrangements for the delivery of Electricity Market Reform
Written Ministerial Statement by the Secretary of State on funding arrangements for Contracts for Difference as part of EMR delivery.
Michael Moore welcomes the Budget announcement that Peterhead is named as one of two preferred bidders in the £1bn CCS Programme
Hugo Swire and Greg Barker today welcomed the hosting of an international conference on Climate Security by the Republic of Korea.
Announcement by the Chancellor of DECC’s new Office of Unconventional Gas and Oil (OUGO).
The two preferred bidders in the UK’s Carbon Capture and Storage Commercialisation Programme Competition have been announced today.
Planning consent announcement for construction of the first new nuclear power station in the UK since 1995.
John Hayes' speech on new nuclear.
An oral statement on the decision to authorise the construction of a three thousand two hundred and sixty megawatt (3260MW) nuclear power station at Hinkley Point.
Edward Davey address to the Scottish Renewables Conference
- America's Home Energy Education Challenge 2013-14 Program Launched
- Competition Opens for Three New Manufacturing Innovation Institutes
- DOE Launches Public-Private Partnership to Deploy Hydrogen Infrastructure
- $16 Million Set for Small Businesses Focused on Energy Technologies
- EPA Announces Winner of the Energy Star National Building Competition
- Navy, NREL Conduct Office Energy Study to Reduce Power Use
- Clean Cities Coalitions Charge Up Plug-In Electric Vehicles
- Energy Department Offers $13 Million to Advance Ocean Energy Technologies
- New Battery Design Could Help Solar and Wind Power the Grid
- Report Assesses Potential U.S. Hydropower Upgrades
- EIA Opens New State Energy Portal Online for Consumers
- A Renewable Boost for Natural Gas
- Energy Department Announces Projects to Develop Innovative, Advanced Drop-in Biofuels
- Energy Department Highlights Nissan’s Better Plants Challenge Project
- EIA: 2012 Home Energy Bills Lowest Percentage in 10 Years
- Press release: “Turning non-switchers into savvy switchers” - Davey
- News story: Greg Barker comment on fuel poverty statistics
- Press release: Statistical Release: Fuel Poverty, England and the UK 2011
- Press release: Wind in the sails of the offshore wind industry council
- Press release: Robust regulation in place to accelerate shale development, says Energy Minister
- Statement to Parliament: Statement by Edward Davey on petrol prices and the cost of living
- Press release: Progress on Scottish Islands Renewables Project
- News story: Greg Barker comment on the publication of the latest Green Deal statistics
- Press release: Views sought on managing radioactive waste safely site selection process and Government responds to plutonium reuse consultation
- Statement to Parliament: Managing Radioactive Waste Safely: Call for evidence on the siting process for a Geological Disposal Facility
- News story: Baroness Verma comment on Written Ministerial Statement on smart metering
- Statement to Parliament: Written Ministerial Statement by Edward Davey: Smart Metering
- Statement to Parliament: Closure of Daw Mill Colliery and the future of UK Coal Operations Ltd
- Speech: UKTI Global Investment Conference
- Press release: £21million for carbon cutting technologies
- NLP Solar Sales Training May 29 & 30 - New Bonus for Contractors & Sales Teams
- EU Should Scrap Energy Subsidies to Fight Warming, Poland Says
- Senate Committee Passes Geothermal Leasing Measure
- Fracking and Solar: Friends, Foes or the Bridge to Clean Energy Adoption?
- Brazil Auction Rules May Boost Price of Wind Power 15%