Department of Energy
Updated: 1 hour 26 min ago
Policy responsibility for energy-using products will transfer from the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs to the Department of Energy and Climate Change.
Secretary of State Edward Davey, outlines the agenda items for the Energy Council in Brussels on 4 March 2014.
Review of Renewable Heat Incentive biomethane injection tariff to address risk of large biomethane to grid plants being overcompensated
A smart grid will help minimise people’s bills, create jobs and fuel growth.
The latest provisional monthly energy statistics produced by the Department of Energy and Climate Change were released on 27 February 2014 according to the arrangements approved by the UK Statistics Authority.
December 2013 statistics that allow a provisional assessment to be made of trends in energy production, transformation and consumption in 2013.
Carbon capture and storage deal is first of its kind in the world.
Government announces FEED study funding for the Peterhead Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) Project, as part of the CCS Commercialisation Competition.
Statement by Edward Davey announcing the signing of a contract with Shell to take their world leading gas carbon capture and storage (CCS) project into the next stage of development.
Statement to Parliament: UK Continental Shelf (UKCS) maximising recovery of oil and gas - Review by Sir Ian Wood
Final report by Sir Ian Wood into how to maximize recovery of oil and gas in the UK Continental Shelf (UKCS)
Press release: Wood sets out £200 billion roadmap for future of offshore oil and gas industry & world’s first gas CCS plant planned
The British economy could receive a potential £200 billion boost over the next 20 years, through the recovery of an additional 3-4 billion barrels of North Sea oil and gas.
The Prime Minister David Cameron sets out new commitments to support the North Sea oil and gas industry to ensure energy security.
Press release: DECC and industry sets out plan to stay ‘world leader’ in offshore wind and boost economy
Maximising the economic benefit from offshore wind is a key priority for Government, reveals a new report today.
Stephen Henwood CBE has been appointed for a further three-year term as Chairman of the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA).
Changes to the government’s Green Deal cash-back scheme have been announced.
Energy customers who are in credit will get automatic refund direct debits
Greg Barker addresses the Cleantech Innovate conference on innovation in the low carbon sector.
Two British companies have been awarded over £8million to spur on innovation in storing energy, Energy and Climate Change Minister Greg Barker announced today.
Energy Minister Michael Fallon is chairing a UK Norway manufacturers’ roundtable today to boost competitiveness in securing more business in North Sea projects.
RHI training voucher scheme gets £150,000 boost
- Energy Department Offers $4 Million to Advance Water Power
- Energy Department Announces $10 Million for Biofuels Technologies
- IPCC: Greenhouse Gas Emissions Accelerate Globally
- Report: States Achieve Big Savings with Energy Efficiency Targets
- Army Plans Largest Solar Array on a U.S. Military Installation
- BLM Seeks Public Interest for Solar Energy Development in Nevada Site
- The Final Countdown: 10 Schools Set to Face Off at Collegiate Wind Competition
- Energy Department Invests $3 Million to Advance Fuel Cell Market
- EPA, Energy Department Honor 2014 Energy Star Partners of the Year
- LLNL Report: U.S. Energy Usage Up in 2013
- Volvo Recognized for Leadership in Energy Efficiency
- Deadline Extended for New Green Lease Recognition Program
- We're Data Jammin': Building Interactive Educational Materials to Teach Energy
- Energy Systems Integration Facility Named Lab of the Year
- Global Solar Deployment Exceeds Wind in 2013: Report
- Press release: Small businesses given boost to generate bioenergy from wetlands
- News story: Chair of the CFD Counterparty Company appointed
- News story: Edward Davey statement
- Speech: Edward Davey launches the Scotland Analysis Energy Paper
- Statement to Parliament: UK Downstream Oil Sector
- Statement to Parliament: Scotland Analysis: Energy
- Press release: “Energy bills will go up with independence” - Davey
- News story: New scheme offers cash incentive to households using renewable heating systems in their homes
- Press release: The UK’s rooftops to become power stations
- Speech: Office for Nuclear Regulation vesting event
- News story: Support for Local Authorities to keep homes warm and lower energy bills
- Press release: Wales Office Minister highlights government boost to community energy
- Speech: The role of energy innovation in helping the UK to meet its low carbon and energy security goals
- News story: Edward Davey statement
- Statement to Parliament: Triennial review report: Nuclear Liabilities Financing Assurance Board (NLFAB)
- Wind industry activity falls in first quarter
- Freescale intelligent battery sensor combines MCU and CAN with flexible three-channel analog front end
- Dynamic Systems announces release of new inventory tracking system
- Bosch Rexroth presents advanced gearboxes, hydraulics, control and monitoring systems at AWEA WINDPOWER 2014
- Commercializing energy storage in the U.S.