Department of Energy
Updated: 1 hour 52 min ago
The first ever Capacity Market auction concluded yesterday and provisional results have been released today.
News story: Green Growth Group Ministers' statement – next steps on the EU 2030 Climate and Energy Policy Framework
Green Growth Group Ministers issued the following joint statement on 18 December 2014
Energy efficiency measures top 1 million under Government schemes.
The latest provisional monthly energy statistics produced by the Department of Energy and Climate Change were released on 18 December 2014 according to the arrangements approved by the UK Statistics Authority.
Energy Trends and Quarterly Energy Prices published.
Energy Minister Matthew Hancock's speech at the 4th Kurdistan-Iraq Oil and Gas conference.
The Department for Energy and Climate Change are making £2.5m available to encourage development of CO2 storage in the North Sea.
First Capacity Market auction begins today.
In response to the new agreement reached by UN members to tackle climate change, Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change Ed Davey said:
Speech by Baroness Verma at the launch of the Sellafield Ltd Women’s Network
We have agreed with the Delivery Body that DECC will publish provisional auction results at 7a.m on the working day after the auction clears, and before final auction results are published. To note, the provisional results will only be made available to DECC if the Auction Monitor sanctions their release.
Changes to the Renewables Obligation (RO) for Biomass are being proposed to protect bill payers from extra costs.
Germany and the UK announce new ambitious NAMA Facility climate change mitigation projects in Burkina Faso, Peru, Thailand and Tajikistan and welcome the EU Commission and Denmark as additional donors to announce a third call for projects in the run-up to COP 21 in Paris.
GDHIF second release: funding fully allocated for solid wall insulation
Statement by Edward Davey on the publication of the third annual progress report on the roll-out of Smart Meters.
Statement by Edward Davey on the regulatory justification of the UK ABWR nuclear reactor.
Press release: 3 offshore wind farms get the go ahead off the coast of Yorkshire, supporting up to 2,500 jobs
An offshore wind project that is expected to bring up to 2,500 local jobs and millions of pounds’ worth of investment to the UK’s economy has today been given consent from the Government to go ahead.
UK Energy and Climate Change Secretary Ed Davey called on more countries to bring forward fair and ambitious climate finance and carbon cuts to keep up momentum for a 2015 global climate deal, as he arrived at the COP 20 talks in Lima today.
More people will get help to improve the energy efficiency of their homes through a new release of the Green Deal Home Improvement Fund (GDHIF).
The National Measurement Office has been appointed as acting competent authority to enforce the heat networks legislation in the UK.
- Report: Energy Department's Loan Guarantees Launched Utility-scale PV Solar
- Energy Department, Arizona Transmission Infrastructure Project Energized
- Three Military Bases Partner with Energy Department to Train Veterans for Solar Jobs
- USDA Announces Funding for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Projects
- Federal Government’s Energy Consumption Lowest in Almost 40 Years
- Energy Department Announces $13 Million to Help Communities Go Solar
- DOI 'Flips the Switch' on California Solar Farm
- New Incubator Launches Network to Help Clean-Energy Entrepreneurs
- No Roof, No Problem: Shared Solar Programs Make Solar Possible For You
- Energy Department to Make $59 Million Investment in Solar Energy
- Twenty New Partners Join the Better Buildings Challenge
- DOI Leases Area Offshore Massachusetts for Wind Energy Development
- Super Bowl Draws on Renewable Energy to Light the Field with LEDs
- U.S. Solar Manufacturing Rising on the Horizon
- Energy Department Announces $55 Million to Advance Fuel-Efficient Vehicles
- Press release: UK energy statistics: 2014 provisional data
- News story: Energy trends and prices statistical release: 26 February 2015
- Press release: World-leading auctions to provide major green electricity boost
- Press release: Government invests £25 million in game-changing green technologies
- Press release: New North Sea regulator issues urgent call to action
- News story: Joint Ministerial Statement on EU Emissions Trading System reform
- News story: #BackClimateAction image competition
- Press release: Hundreds of jobs could be created in Yorkshire and Humberside by a major wind farm
- Press release: Switch to save - £2.7 billion up for grabs by switching energy supplier
- News story: Nicola Hodson appointed to Gas and Electricity Markets Authority
- News story: Infrastructure Act will get Britain building
- Speech: Keynote speech at Cleantech Innovate London showcase event
- News story: GDHIF release 1 vouchers to be extended to 31 March 2015
- Press release: Environment Agency grants shale gas permit for Roseacre Wood
- Press release: Renters and landlords to enjoy warmer properties and cheaper bills
- UK Low-Carbon Contract Winners Revealed: Wind Scores, Solar Disappoints
- Iberdrola Agrees to Buy UIL for $3 Billion to Expand US Renewable Business
- Are Utilities or States the Leaders in Renewable Energy and Efficiency?
- Scientific Research Crucial to Success of New Biofuels Plants
- Going Solar and Net-Zero: The 21st Century Family Home Project
- Goldwind launches the GW121 for low wind applications
- Greensolver launches blade inspection service
- France-Spain electrical interconnection officially inaugurated and operating
- Honeywell Safety Products announces 2015 Miller Fall Prevention & Protection Training courses
- Eiffel Tower installs UGE wind turbines as part of monumental retrofit