Department of Energy
Updated: 6 hours 26 min ago
Forty new technologies have won funding through the first round of Innovate UK’s Energy Catalyst.
Responding to the Secretary of State’s commission to assess the impact of the sharp decline in global oil prices on the UK oil and gas industry, Oil and Gas Authority (OGA) Chief Executive, Dr Andy Samuel today published his initial findings and issued an urgent call to action for industry, Government and the regulator.
Nine EU ministers, including Edward Davey, have signed a letter calling for reform to the EU Emissions Trading System.
This is your opportunity to use photography to tell your climate change story.
An offshore wind project has today been given the go ahead that is expected to support up to 900 green jobs in Yorkshire and Humberside
By shopping around and taking advantage of the best energy deals on the market, millions of people can save around £200 - and some can save even more.
Nicola Hodson has been appointed to the Gas and Electricity Markets Authority (GEMA) for 5 years, DECC today confirmed.
Infrastructure Act becomes law.
Amber Rudd keynote speech at Cleantech Innovate London showcase event.
DECC is extending vouchers from the first release of the Green Deal Home Improvement Fund (GDHIF) until Tuesday 31 March 2015.
Environment Agency grants Cuadrilla environmental permits for shale gas exploration. Strong environmental standards are in place.
Up to 1 million tenants renting from a private landlord can look forward to warmer homes that cost less to heat, under new government plans.
Organisations up and down the country have been awarded a total of £1.28m for capacity totalling 5,589kW as part of the UK’s first ever auction to reduce demand for electricity at peak times.
The Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) team will be attending a series of roadshows to explain how renewable heat could be the smarter way to heat your home.
The UK’s first ever Electricity Demand Reduction (EDR) auction is taking place today.
2 million low-income and vulnerable households will get £140 off their energy bills, thanks to the Warm Home Discount scheme.
The latest provisional monthly energy statistics produced by the Department of Energy and Climate Change were released on 29 January 2015 according to the arrangements approved by the UK Statistics Authority.
Amber Rudd address to the electricity storage network annual conference to highlight the benefits of low carbon innovation to UK energy security and the level of UK involvement in the expanding & global energy storage industry.
Edward Davey speech on the prospects for a global deal at the UNFCC climate conference in Paris, December 2015.
Edward Davey speech at the launch of the 2050 Global Calculator.
- Leading by Example on Climate Change: The New Federal Sustainability Plan
- Energy Department Announces $20 Million to Develop Advanced Electric Motors
- Energy Department Selects 11 Tribal Communities to Deploy EERE Technologies
- EPA Announces 70 Top Performing ENERGY STAR-Certified Manufacturing Plants
- Wind Vision: New Report Highlights a Robust Wind Energy Future
- Energy Department Releases New Wind Report, Examines Future of Industry
- New Funding Opportunity to Develop Larger Wind Turbine Blades
- IEA: Global Energy-Related Emissions Steady in 2014
- California Approves $21 Million for Renewable Energy Projects
- California State University, Sacramento, Builds Reflect Home To Showcase Its City
- Energy Department's Race to 7-Day Solar Prize Competition to Speed Solar Deployment
- Energy Department Announces $6 Million to Accelerate Alternative Fuel Vehicle Market Growth
- U.S.-China Clean Energy Research Center To Tackle Energy-Water Nexus
- Virginia Tech Selected to Continue Development of Innovative Building Automation System
- Find Energy Incentives Quicker and Easier with DSIRE Open Data and Website
- News story: Government gets tough on energy market misconduct
- News story: £4.2m for CCS research at Grangemouth
- Press release: UK and Norway: Building links to deliver energy security and prosperity
- News story: Earth Hour 2015
- Press release: Third release of popular Green Deal Home Improvement Fund fully allocated
- Press release: The heat is on to ensure warmer, healthy homes for everyone
- News story: Energy trends and prices statistical release: 26 March 2015
- News story: UK energy statistics: statistical press release - March 2015
- Press release: Cold water could heat one million homes
- Statement to Parliament: UK Green Investment Bank International Pilot
- Speech: Speech at the Association of British Insurers
- News story: Image competition winners show personal impact of climate change
- Press release: Millions saved in one month as switching energy supplier rockets
- Statement to Parliament: Funding the Oil and Gas Authority: consultation on levy design
- News story: Oil industry support set out
- UK Cuts Red Tape for Commercial Rooftop Solar
- Split Decision on Ormat’s Motion to Dismiss Ex-Employees’ Claims of Cash Grant Fraud
- Focus on Digester Health for Efficient Biogas Operations
- New York Launches Innovation Lab To Study Renewable Energy and the Advanced Grid
- Clean Energy Makes Up Record Share of UK Power with Coal-to-Biomass Conversions