Department of Energy
Updated: 1 hour 22 min ago
Edward Davey’s comment on the latest Green Deal and Energy Company Obligation statistics.
The Government is backing stronger reforms to make the EU Emissions Trading System work more efficiently and stimulate investment in low-carbon technologies, it has been announced today.
Statement by the Secretary of State, Edward Davey on the fire at Didcot B power station.
Edward Davey statement on discussions at the Informal Energy and Environment Council in Milan on 6 October.
A response to the Express article published on 15 October, "Electric bills to soar by £1000".
Edward Davey's address to the Green Growth Summit, at the European Parliament in Brussels.
Speech by Amber Rudd to the Utility Week 2nd annual congress.
Speech by Amber Rudd to Solar Energy UK, the UK solar industry's expo event.
The Norwegian Government has today granted a licence for the longest sub-sea electricity interconnector in the world, to be built between the UK and Norway.
Speech given by Energy Minister Matthew Hancock at the British Embassy Energy Technology Showcase in Japan.
The arrival of hydrogen cars on UK roads is a step closer as the Business Minister Matthew Hancock announced up to £11 million of funding.
First new nuclear power station in a generation has moved an important step closer.
Energy Minister Matthew Hancock's speech to the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry's (METI) Innovation of Cool Earth Forum in Japan.
DECC rebuttal of the Daily Mail article on biomass at Drax.
More people will be able to enjoy warmer homes and more control of their energy bills as a result of an additional £100 million announced today for household energy efficiency.
Over 500 separate applications received, ensuring a competitive auction and securing future electricity supplies at the lowest possible cost to billpayers.
More homes and businesses could soon be heated by a range of low carbon technologies, such as heat pumps, energy from waste, recovered industrial heat or heat taken from landfill.
An extra 200,000 pensioners will get money off their energy bills this winter, as the Warm Home Discount scheme expands for the fourth year.
Professor John Loughhead OBE FREng FTSE has been appointed DECC’s Chief Scientific Advisor.
Renewable electricity projects will compete for £300 million in support this autumn – an increase of £95 million from the indicative budget published in July.
- Energy Department Awards $425 Million for Next-Generation Supercomputing
- Energy Department Offers $5 Million for Residential Energy Efficiency, Partnerships
- DOI First Right-of-Way for Renewable Energy Transmission in Federal Waters
- New York Announces $206 Million in Awards for New Renewable Energy Projects
- 10 Facts to Know About Data Centers
- Energy Department and EPA Release 2015 Fuel Economy Guide
- Energy Department Recognizes Cummins for Deep Energy Retrofit
- NREL, Army Validate Energy Savings for Net-Zero Energy Installations
- IEA Wind 2013 Annual Report Released
- Sparking Clean Energy Interest from Students in Washington
- Obama Administration Releases Federal Agency Climate Plans
- Energy Department Offers $15 Million to Integrate Solar Energy into the Grid
- Energy Department Announces New Lab Program to Accelerate Clean Energy Commercialization
- Energy Department Launches H2 Refuel H-Prize Competition
- Wave Energy Device Testing Gets $10 Million in Energy Department Support
- Press release: Public want urgent global action to tackle climate change
- News story: Leading offshore wind suppliers invest in TAG Energy facility in Teesside
- Press release: UK pledges to help hardest hit by climate change
- News story: Energy efficiency in rural homes increases by almost 3000% in six months
- Press release: Taking pollution out of our power stations
- Speech: Speech at the Europe-Canada Energy Summit
- News story: #BackClimateAction tweetathon
- Speech: Energy Priorities
- Press release: Communities can create their own power stations
- News story: Statement on US-China climate deal
- Speech: Speech to RenewableUK
- Press release: Skilling up shale: First national UK onshore oil and gas college announced
- News story: More households can benefit from renewable heating
- Speech: The Association of Directors of Environment, Economy, Planning & Transport Annual Conference
- Press release: Flagship Walney offshore wind farm one step closer to expansion
- Wind Energy Provides More Than Two-Thirds of New US Generating Capacity in October
- Renewable YieldCo Pricing Less Irrational, But Plenty of Opportunity Left
- Community Solar Prices at All-Time Low
- Biofuel & Biomaterial Crops: We Might Be Doing It Wrong
- EPA Abandons Renewable Fuel Standard Rulemaking for 2014
- Temporary roads go down for transports and come up when the project’s done
- Tired of searching dated websites for energy legislation & utility regulatory proceedings?
- Solar and Wind Energy are Finally Cheaper than Fossil Fuels in the United States
- To avoid government “help”, write best safety practices for offshore wind now
- Fishermen's Energy receives second PUC rejection