Department of Energy
Updated: 6 hours 33 min ago
£8.5 million has been issued for the new Green Deal Home Improvement Fund during the scheme’s first two weeks, according to industry estimates.
Speech by Minister Gregory Barker to Making CfDs work for solar conference.
Written Ministerial Statement by Energy Secretary Edward Davey on discussions at the Energy Council in Luxembourg on 13 June 2014.
Michael Fallon speech to the UK Shale Conference.
Today the Government’s overhaul of the electricity market pushes forward, with secondary legislation for the Electricity Market Reform (EMR) programme laid in Parliament.
Appointment of new chair of the Nuclear Liabilities Fund.
The formal recruitment process for a Chief Executive to the new Oil and Gas Authority North Sea regulator has begun.
News story: Greg Barker on Green Deal and Energy Company Obligation in Great Britain monthly and quarterly figures
Greg Barker's comment on the latest Green Deal and Energy Company Obligation statistics.
New systems are being developed to make it easier and quicker to switch energy providers.
Press release: Multimillion boost to UK economy as China and UK government sign civil nuclear agreement and sign agreement to deepen cooperation on climate change
The UK and Chinese governments have signed a civil nuclear agreement that could be worth hundreds of millions of pounds to British companies over several years.
£2.61 million was issued to households through the new Green Deal Home Improvement Fund during the scheme’s first week, according to industry estimates.
The East Anglia One offshore wind farm that is expected to support almost 2,900 jobs and bring over £520 million of investment into the UK’s economy has today been given consent from the government to go ahead.
Response from Energy Secretary Edward Davey to the Financial Times' articles,10 June 2014, on energy security.
Minister Gregory Barker's speech at the Renewable Energy Awards, June 2014.
Baroness Verma launches POWERful Women - a new, professional initiative to showcase female leadership potential in the UK’s energy sector.
Through the Energy Act 2013, the Government has laid the ground for a new legal framework to monitor fuel poverty in England using the Low Income High Costs Indicator (LIHC).
Minister Gregory Barker's statement on the release of the fuel poverty annual report 2014 and fuel poverty statistics 2012.
Written Ministerial Statement by Edward Davey about the upcoming Energy Council in Luxembourg.
Written Ministerial Statement by Energy and Climate Change Secretary Edward Davey on the agenda for June’s environment council.
Energy Minister Michael Fallon's speech to RenewableUK Global Offshore Wind 2014 Conference
- Energy Department Invests $6 Million to Support Commercial Building Efficiency
- Energy Department Announces Distributed Wind Competitiveness Projects
- USDA Selects 36 Energy Facilities to Accept Biomass Deliveries
- EPA Starts Fifth-Annual Energy Star Battle of the Buildings
- Biomass Fueling America’s Growing Clean Energy Economy
- Energy Department Announces Up $31 Million for Geothermal Systems Field Observatory
- Energy Department and USDA Announce Bioenergy Projects in 10 States
- $4 Billion in Loan Guarantees Offered for Renewable, Energy Efficiency Projects
- Energy Department Selects $3.5 Million to Develop Algal Biofuels
- DOI Releases Ecosystems Carbon Report for Eastern United States
- Energy Department Offers Conditional Loan to Offshore Wind Energy Project
- Energy Department Launches Microgrid Competition
- New York Unveils First Electric Vehicle Charging Stations in Statewide Plan
- Texas Hits New Peak Wind Output
- Deploying American-Made Clean Energy Technologies in South Africa
- News story: Edward Davey statement on annual energy statistics
- News story: Energy trends and prices statistical release: 31 July 2014
- Press release: Statistical press release: Digest of UK energy statistics 2014
- Press release: ‘Calculator’ shows how renewable heating adds up
- Statement to Parliament: Outcome of the strategic environmental assessment
- Press release: New onshore licensing round opens
- Press release: Applications to the Green Deal Home Improvement Fund close
- Press release: New long-term plan to safely dispose of radioactive waste
- Statement to Parliament: Publication of Implementing Geological Disposal White Paper 2014
- Press release: Biomass calculator launched
- Press release: Over £200 million boost for renewables
- Press release: Green Deal Home Improvement Fund reaches £50 million milestone in six weeks
- Statement to Parliament: Future fuel poverty framework: target, strategy and advisory group
- Press release: Cutting the cost of keeping warm to tackle fuel poverty
- Statement to Parliament: Review of the Fourth Carbon Budget
- SMA Solar to Cut 600 More Jobs and Lower Full-Year Forecast Citing Weak Demand
- France Spurs Efficiency, Renewables with $13.4 Billion Energy Plan
- Massachusetts SREC Clearinghouse Auction Underway — Here’s What You Need to Know
- Brazil's First Solar-specific Power Auction Draws 10.8 GW of Interest
- From Grass in the Field to Fuel in the Hopper: On-Farm Grass Energy is an Opportunity for Farmers