Department of Energy
Updated: 3 hours 18 min ago
The East Anglia One offshore wind farm that is expected to support almost 2,900 jobs and bring over £520 million of investment into the UK’s economy has today been given consent from the government to go ahead.
Response from Energy Secretary Edward Davey to the Financial Times' articles,10 June 2014, on energy security.
Minister Gregory Barker's speech at the Renewable Energy Awards, June 2014.
Baroness Verma launches POWERful Women - a new, professional initiative to showcase female leadership potential in the UK’s energy sector.
Through the Energy Act 2013, the Government has laid the ground for a new legal framework to monitor fuel poverty in England using the Low Income High Costs Indicator (LIHC).
Minister Gregory Barker's statement on the release of the fuel poverty annual report 2014 and fuel poverty statistics 2012.
Written Ministerial Statement by Edward Davey about the upcoming Energy Council in Luxembourg.
Written Ministerial Statement by Energy and Climate Change Secretary Edward Davey on the agenda for June’s environment council.
Energy Minister Michael Fallon's speech to RenewableUK Global Offshore Wind 2014 Conference
Speech by Energy Secretary, Edward Davey MP, to the Economist Energy Summit on the UK's energy security.
The competitive system for connecting offshore wind farms has been extended to drive down costs.
With the World Cup kicking off this week, energy demand is at its greatest, and it’s worth reflecting on the fact that the UK’s energy security doesn’t happen by accident.
The proposed bill would improve how we fund, plan, manage and maintain our national infrastructure.
Written Ministerial Statement by Michael Fallon on the Underground drilling access consultation published on 23 May 2014.
Written Ministerial Statement by Michael Fallon on new energy investments.
Edward Davey's speech to the Eurelectric conference on EU energy policy.
The Infrastructure Bill introduces new measures to make it easier, quicker and simpler to get Britain building for the future.
Energy Minister Michael Fallon's speech to the Eurelectric Gala Dinner on EU energy policy.
Governments and international partners from the private sector come together in a clear step forward in tackling climate change.
US Environmental Protection Agency has released the Clean Power Plan proposal.
- Energy Department Announces Up $31 Million for Geothermal Systems Field Observatory
- Energy Department and USDA Announce Bioenergy Projects in 10 States
- $4 Billion in Loan Guarantees Offered for Renewable, Energy Efficiency Projects
- Energy Department Selects $3.5 Million to Develop Algal Biofuels
- DOI Releases Ecosystems Carbon Report for Eastern United States
- Energy Department Offers Conditional Loan to Offshore Wind Energy Project
- Energy Department Launches Microgrid Competition
- New York Unveils First Electric Vehicle Charging Stations in Statewide Plan
- Texas Hits New Peak Wind Output
- Deploying American-Made Clean Energy Technologies in South Africa
- Energy Department Awards $100 Million for Innovative Energy Research
- ARPA-E Awards $33 Million for New Fuel Cell Projects
- DOI Announces Largest U.S. Offshore Wind Energy Area for Development
- Small Businesses Receive $3 Million in Support from the Energy Department
- Small Business Innovation Research Projects to Make a Big Impact on Clean Energy Economy
- Press release: Green Deal Home Improvement Fund reaches £50 million milestone in six weeks
- Statement to Parliament: Future fuel poverty framework: target, strategy and advisory group
- Press release: Cutting the cost of keeping warm to tackle fuel poverty
- Statement to Parliament: Review of the Fourth Carbon Budget
- News story: New world refrigerator ecodesign investigation
- Speech: Speech to the CBI Energy Conference 2014
- Press release: Boost for business energy efficiency and electricity sector investment
- Press release: UK calls for major changes to EU’s “cap and trade” emissions system
- Press release: Government commits £15m to kickstart new regulator in response to Wood Review
- Press release: Rampion offshore wind farm gets go ahead from Government, supporting over 750 jobs
- News story: Edward Davey statement on DECC's new ministers
- News story: £500,000 investment energises renewable energy community groups
- Speech: Speech to the Smart Energy GB Launch Event
- News story: Dramatic fall in cost of running household goods
- News story: Southern Corridor on the agenda as Fallon visits Azerbaijan
- Europe To Build Only 192 GW of Wind Power Capacity by 2020
- Solar Energy ‘Lighting Up’ Professional Sports
- Community Solar Gardens Sprout from Contaminated Sites
- ABB Hit by Wind, Solar Charges for Third Consecutive Quarter
- “Mom, My School Bus Is a Peaking Power Plant” and Other Things We Didn’t Say When We Were Kids
- Thomas & Betts brochure highlights engineered solutions for renewable energy facilities
- A come-along for tower flange holes that don’t quite line up
- Pathways to deep decarbonization Interim 2014 report
- What happens to sub-structures & cables on the seafloor? Sandia examines
- Juhl Energy team selected to lead development of $5.5 million wind-energy project at Tooele Army Depot