Department of Energy
Updated: 4 hours 11 min ago
The latest provisional monthly energy statistics produced by the Department of Energy and Climate Change were released on 26 February 2015 according to the arrangements approved by the UK Statistics Authority.
World-leading competitive auctions have led to contracts being offered to 27 renewable electricity projects, which together could power 1.4m homes, comparable to the number of households in Wales.
Forty new technologies have won funding through the first round of Innovate UK’s Energy Catalyst.
Responding to the Secretary of State’s commission to assess the impact of the sharp decline in global oil prices on the UK oil and gas industry, Oil and Gas Authority (OGA) Chief Executive, Dr Andy Samuel today published his initial findings and issued an urgent call to action for industry, Government and the regulator.
Nine EU ministers, including Edward Davey, have signed a letter calling for reform to the EU Emissions Trading System.
This is your opportunity to use photography to tell your climate change story.
An offshore wind project has today been given the go ahead that is expected to support up to 900 green jobs in Yorkshire and Humberside
By shopping around and taking advantage of the best energy deals on the market, millions of people can save around £200 - and some can save even more.
Nicola Hodson has been appointed to the Gas and Electricity Markets Authority (GEMA) for 5 years, DECC today confirmed.
Infrastructure Act becomes law.
Amber Rudd keynote speech at Cleantech Innovate London showcase event.
DECC is extending vouchers from the first release of the Green Deal Home Improvement Fund (GDHIF) until Tuesday 31 March 2015.
Environment Agency grants Cuadrilla environmental permits for shale gas exploration. Strong environmental standards are in place.
Up to 1 million tenants renting from a private landlord can look forward to warmer homes that cost less to heat, under new government plans.
Organisations up and down the country have been awarded a total of £1.28m for capacity totalling 5,589kW as part of the UK’s first ever auction to reduce demand for electricity at peak times.
The Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) team will be attending a series of roadshows to explain how renewable heat could be the smarter way to heat your home.
- Energy Department Announces Winners of Next-Generation Lighting Design Competition
- Energy Department Issues New Report on U.S. Hydropower
- Application Deadline for START Tribal Renewable Energy Projects Extended to May 22
- OptiBit Wins MIT Clean Energy Prize
- Energy Department Awards Nearly $10 Million for Efficient Lighting Development
- Energy Department Invests $4 Million to Strengthen Building America Industry Partnerships
- Energy Department Invests $6 Million to Increase Energy Efficiency of Public Buildings
- New York City College of Technology Finds Strength in Diversity for Its DURA Urban House
- Energy Department to Provide $75 Million for ‘Fuels from Sunlight’ Hub
- Energy Department Announces $10.5 Million for Next-Generation Marine Energy Systems
- Energy Department Announces Enhanced Geothermal Systems Project Selections
- EERE Successes: Highlighting the Positive Impacts of EERE
- Pilot to Boost U.S. Clean Energy Manufacturing Competitiveness, National Labs' Role
- Energy Department Invests Nearly $8 Million to Develop Next-Generation HVAC Systems for Buildings
- Winners Announced in the 2015 Race to Zero Student Design Competition
- News story: Energy trends and prices statistical release: 30 April 2015
- News story: Secretary of State decision on LetterOne North Sea gas fields acquisition
- News story: Government gets tough on energy market misconduct
- News story: £4.2m for CCS research at Grangemouth
- Press release: UK and Norway: Building links to deliver energy security and prosperity
- News story: Earth Hour 2015
- Press release: Third release of popular Green Deal Home Improvement Fund fully allocated
- Press release: The heat is on to ensure warmer, healthy homes for everyone
- News story: Energy trends and prices statistical release: 26 March 2015
- News story: UK energy statistics: statistical press release - March 2015
- Press release: Cold water could heat one million homes
- Statement to Parliament: UK Green Investment Bank International Pilot
- Speech: Speech at the Association of British Insurers
- News story: Image competition winners show personal impact of climate change
- Press release: Millions saved in one month as switching energy supplier rockets