Department of Energy
Updated: 6 hours 45 min ago
Robin Grimes, Chief Scientific Advisor to the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office delivered the UK statement to the International Atomic Energy Agency General Conference, Vienna, Austria
The UN summit on climate change has “successfully fires the starting gun” to a critical fifteen months of climate diplomacy, according to UK Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change, Edward Davey.
Energy and Climate Change Minister, Baroness Verma, today announced the appointment of Non-Executive Directors of the National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL).
Abu Dhabi-owned green energy giant Masdar has confirmed that it will invest £525 million for a 35% stake in the planned Dudgeon offshore wind farm, alongside Norweigan partners Statoil and Stakraft.
David Cameron spoke about addressing climate change through global action at the UN Climate Summit 2014.
Joint Statement on REDD+ by Germany, Norway and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, United Nations Climate Summit, 23 September, 2014
Germany, Norway and the United Kingdom, three of the largest supporters of forest conservation, announced today their continued financial commitment to REDD+, or reducing greenhouse gas emissions from deforestation and forest degradation.
The Prime Minister led a delegation to the 69th session of the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) in New York.
Baroness Verma's speech on energy efficiency to the Elmhurst Energy Conference for energy and sustainability professionals.
Edward Davey's response to the publication of the New Climate Economy report: ‘Better Growth, Better Climate’.
Energy Minister Matt Hancock is backing a campaign encouraging heating oil users to stock up early before winter sets in.
Speech by Climate Change Secretary Edward Davey setting out the UK government’s new vision for a global climate deal in Paris 2015.
UK government sets out vision for global climate deal in Paris 2015.
Statement to Parliament: Publication of Paris 2015: Securing our prosperity through a Global Climate Change Agreement
Statement by Edward Davey on the publication of 'Paris 2015: Securing our prosperity through a Global Climate Change Agreement'.
Edward Davey speaks at the Powering Up! conference for local authorities and community energy groups.
To help the commercial, industrial, public sector, not for profit sectors and community generators of renewable heat as well as the energy supply chain, DECC will be giving a series of talks and attending events this Autumn.
Baroness Verma's speech to the Behave Conference on behaviour change and consumer engagement.
The latest provisional monthly energy statistics produced by the Department of Energy and Climate Change were released on 28 August 2014 according to the arrangements approved by the UK Statistics Authority.
Government response: Response to Sunday Times article on value of homes in areas of shale extraction
Response to Sunday Times article on value of homes in areas of shale extraction.
Response to Sunday Telegraph coverage of Renewable Energy Foundation report on constraint payments.
- Secretary Moniz Dedicates Innovative Commercial-Scale Cellulosic Biofuel Plant
- Energy Department Announces $10 Million for Innovative Lighting
- Energy Department Awards $5 Million to Spur Local Clean Energy Development
- Energy Department Offers $14 Million for Cellulosic Bioenergy Landscape Design
- Solar Energy Prices See Double-digit Declines in 2013
- Racing with Relevance: Green Racing Redefines Sustainable Motorsports
- New Funding to Develop Next Generation HVAC Offered by Energy Department
- Energy Department Announces $13 Million to Develop Advanced Biofuels and Bioproducts
- Green Building Certification System Final Rule Issued by Energy Department
- Energy Department Recognizes Better Buildings Challenge Participants
- Energy-Department Supported Scientist Receives Nobel Prize for Blue Light LED
- Better Buildings Challenge Drives Greater Efficiency in U.S. Data Centers
- Energy Department Announces $25 Million to Lower Cost of Concentrating Solar Power
- Energy Department Recognizes 11 Manufacturers for Energy Efficiency Achievements
- New York Invests $94 Million for Solar Projects Across the State
- News story: UK energy projects awarded €75 million of European funding
- News story: Vampire Energy: 5 energy myths that will shock your socks off
- News story: Edward Davey opens West of Duddon Sands Offshore Wind Farm
- News story: Energy trends and prices statistical release: 30 October 2014
- News story: UK-Singapore joint statement on climate change
- News story: Statutory security of supply report
- Press release: Switch for bigger daylight savings
- Press release: EU agrees 'historic' deal to tackle climate change
- News story: EU agrees ‘historic’ deal to tackle climate change
- News story: Vampire Energy: Don't be a sucker, switch it off
- Press release: South Hook CHP plant moves a step closer to being built
- News story: Renewable Heat Incentive roadshows
- News story: The Big Energy Saving Network on your doorstep
- Speech: Energy UK conference - trust and consumer engagement
- Speech: Energy UK conference