Department of Energy
Updated: 3 hours 14 min ago
Written Ministerial Statement by Edwards Davey, Energy Secretary, following the EU Energy Council in Brussels on 4 March 2014.
QR (Quick Response) codes to be introduced on consumer energy bills to help bill-payers get an instant cross-market comparison
Speech: Edward Davey speech to Ecobuild conference: Making Britain’s homes warmer, greener, and cheaper to heat
Secretary of State Edward Davey's speech to the Ecobuild 2014 conference, the world’s biggest event for sustainable design, construction and the built environment.
Opening Speech by Secretary of State Edward Davey at the Green Growth Summit II
Green Growth Group Ministers issued the following joint statement on 3 March 2014
Speech by Climate Change Minister, Greg Barker, at the Energy from Waste 2014 conference
Policy responsibility for regulation of energy-using products will transfer from the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs to the Department of Energy and Climate Change.
Policy responsibility for energy-using products will transfer from the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs to the Department of Energy and Climate Change.
Secretary of State Edward Davey, outlines the agenda items for the Energy Council in Brussels on 4 March 2014.
Review of Renewable Heat Incentive biomethane injection tariff to address risk of large biomethane to grid plants being overcompensated
A smart grid will help minimise people’s bills, create jobs and fuel growth.
The latest provisional monthly energy statistics produced by the Department of Energy and Climate Change were released on 27 February 2014 according to the arrangements approved by the UK Statistics Authority.
December 2013 statistics that allow a provisional assessment to be made of trends in energy production, transformation and consumption in 2013.
Carbon capture and storage deal is first of its kind in the world.
Government announces FEED study funding for the Peterhead Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) Project, as part of the CCS Commercialisation Competition.
Statement by Edward Davey announcing the signing of a contract with Shell to take their world leading gas carbon capture and storage (CCS) project into the next stage of development.
Statement to Parliament: UK Continental Shelf (UKCS) maximising recovery of oil and gas - Review by Sir Ian Wood
Final report by Sir Ian Wood into how to maximize recovery of oil and gas in the UK Continental Shelf (UKCS)
Press release: Wood sets out £200 billion roadmap for future of offshore oil and gas industry & world’s first gas CCS plant planned
The British economy could receive a potential £200 billion boost over the next 20 years, through the recovery of an additional 3-4 billion barrels of North Sea oil and gas.
The Prime Minister David Cameron sets out new commitments to support the North Sea oil and gas industry to ensure energy security.
Press release: DECC and industry sets out plan to stay ‘world leader’ in offshore wind and boost economy
Maximising the economic benefit from offshore wind is a key priority for Government, reveals a new report today.
- Energy Department Announces $15 Million to Help Communities Boost Solar Deployment
- Energy Department Announces $4.4 Million to Support Hydropower
- U.S. Parking Facilities Cut Energy Use by 90 Percent
- BLM Seeks Public Input about Solar Energy Development on Nevada Site
- KAir Battery Wins Southwest Regional Clean Energy Business Plan Competition
- Energy Department Offers $4 Million to Advance Water Power
- Energy Department Announces $10 Million for Biofuels Technologies
- IPCC: Greenhouse Gas Emissions Accelerate Globally
- Report: States Achieve Big Savings with Energy Efficiency Targets
- Army Plans Largest Solar Array on a U.S. Military Installation
- BLM Seeks Public Interest for Solar Energy Development in Nevada Site
- The Final Countdown: 10 Schools Set to Face Off at Collegiate Wind Competition
- Energy Department Invests $3 Million to Advance Fuel Cell Market
- EPA, Energy Department Honor 2014 Energy Star Partners of the Year
- LLNL Report: U.S. Energy Usage Up in 2013
- Press release: Getting ready for shale gas – supply chain estimated to be worth billions as new environmental measures announced
- News story: Energy trends and prices statistical release: 24 April 2014
- News story: The Energy Information Regulations - Domestic Ovens
- Press release: Government unveils eight major new renewables projects, supporting 8,500 green jobs
- Press release: Energy Minister sees development of Cygnus Gas Field in action
- Press release: New co-chair of the Offshore Wind Industry Council appointed
- Press release: Energy switching times to halve by end of year
- Press release: Small businesses given boost to generate bioenergy from wetlands
- News story: Chair of the CFD Counterparty Company appointed
- News story: Edward Davey statement
- Speech: Edward Davey launches the Scotland Analysis Energy Paper
- Statement to Parliament: UK Downstream Oil Sector
- Statement to Parliament: Scotland Analysis: Energy
- Press release: “Energy bills will go up with independence” - Davey
- News story: New scheme offers cash incentive to households using renewable heating systems in their homes
- Three New Finance Models for Non-Profits to Go Solar
- New York to Install Battery Storage for Subway and Bus System Operator
- Financing Lessons Residential Solar Can Teach the Commercial and Industrial Sector
- China Wind Turbine Makers Face Consolidation as Glut Lingers
- The Solar Battlefield: How the US DOD Will Bring Solar Technology Mainstream