Department of Energy
Updated: 1 hour 17 min ago
Edward Davey speech to the CBI Energy Conference 2014.
Business, industry and other organisations will get help to cut their energy costs with £10 million available this year to improve efficiency and reduce energy demand.
The UK is calling for major reforms to improve the emissions “cap and trade” system put in place by the European Union since 2005 to tackle climate change.
The Government today announced it would contribute short term funding of £15 million over five years to help kickstart the establishment of a new regulatory body for the UK’s offshore oil and gas industry.
Rampion offshore wind farm off the coast of Sussex has today been given consent from the government to go ahead.
Edward Davey's statement following the appointment of new DECC ministers Matthew Hancock and Amber Rudd.
Over £500,000 has been assigned to help rural community energy projects across England.
Secretary of State Edward Davey speech to the Smart Energy GB Launch Event.
Energy efficient household appliances lead to drop in electricity consumption.
Discussions about the progress of the Southern Corridor (SC) gas pipeline route will be on the agenda when Michael Fallon visits Azerbaijan this week.
News story: DECC encourages families to act now on energy efficiency with Green Deal Home Improvement Fund
The Green Deal Home Improvement Fund has issued £25 million in its first four weeks and DECC is encouraging households to act now to get money back for their home improvements.
A UK carbon storage project has received a funding boost of €300m from the European Commission.
Edward Davey's opening speech to the UK-China Energy Dialogue.
DECC today published its annual updated estimates of UK oil and gas reserves.
Householders up and down the country are set to benefit from an extensive programme of energy saving advice, thanks to further Government funding made available through the Big Energy Saving Network.
The Nuclear Decommissioning Authority can conduct a series of plutonium title transfers with legacy overseas reprocessing customers, the Government has agreed.
Written Ministerial Statement by Energy Minister Michael Fallon.
Funds issued for the Green Deal Home Improvement Fund have surged by £8 million in one week.
The developers of Dudgeon offshore wind farm in East Anglia have today announced that they have made a Final Investment Decision.
Speech by Minister of State Gregory Barker to the British Photo Voltaic Association.
- Energy Department Recognizes University of Utah in Better Buildings Challenge
- USDA Announces $23 Million for Smart Grid Improvements
- DOT Funds 72 Transportation Projects in 2014
- Nevada Selected As Official Site for Tesla Battery Factory
- ARPA-E Project Takes an Innovative Approach to the Electrical Grid
- Marine and Hydrokinetic Industry Gets $7 Million Energy Department Investment
- Energy Department Announces $8 Million to Improve Resiliency of the Grid
- Energy Department Awards $4.5 Million for Wind Power Projects
- Project LIBERTY Biorefinery Starts Cellulosic Ethanol Production
- Training Veterans for Careers in Clean Energy
- IEA Forecasts Renewable Power Providing More Competitive Options
- California-Nevada Bikeway Wins EPA Green Transportation Award
- Report: Improvements at U.S. Data Centers Could Save $3 Billion Yearly
- Hawaii Energy Offers State's First-Ever Energy Efficiency Auction
- Small Towns Achieve Big Savings with Lighting Upgrades
- News story: United Nations General Assembly 2014
- Speech: Speech to the Elmhurst Energy Conference
- Government response: New Climate Economy report
- News story: Energy Minister backs buy heating oil early campaign
- Speech: The UK government’s vision for a global climate deal
- Press release: Prosperity and growth hand in hand with carbon reduction
- Statement to Parliament: Publication of Paris 2015: Securing our prosperity through a Global Climate Change Agreement
- Speech: Speech to Powering Up!
- News story: Non-domestic RHI events and roadshows
- Speech: Speech to Behave Conference
- News story: Energy trends and prices statistical release: 28 August 2014
- Government response: Response to Sunday Times article on value of homes in areas of shale extraction
- Government response: Response to Sunday Telegraph coverage of constraint payments report
- Press release: Nick Clegg meets Prime Minister Modi in New Delhi
- Press release: Deputy Prime Minister leads first trade delegation to meet new Indian government
- US Wind: R&D project shows nacelle-mounted LIDAR reduces yaw misalignment and improves turbine performance
- Gamesa presents 2.0-2.5 MW platform at WindEnergy Hamburg
- Schütz Composites breaking into wind market at WindEnergy 2014
- Winergy gearbox with two output shafts ready for up to 12 MW outputs
- Blumenauer, Loebsack introduce bill to bring stability, certainty to clean-energy industry