Department of Energy
Updated: 5 hours 37 min ago
Deputy Prime Minister announces that government will invest more than £9 million to boost the number of charging points for electric cars.
The latest provisional monthly energy statistics produced by the Department of Energy and Climate Change were released on 30 January 2014 according to the arrangements approved by the UK Statistics Authority.
More homes and businesses could soon be heated by a range of low carbon technologies, including energy from waste or heat taken from landfill.
British entrepreneurs are set to benefit from a share of £10million to help bring new and innovative energy efficient products to market.
Speech by Michael Fallon, Energy Minister, on the future of oil and gas supplies from the Middle East and North Africa.
Big Energy Saving Week runs from 27 - 31 January 2014 and raises awareness of energy and efficiency issues.
Written Minsterial Statement by Edward Davey on the publication of the Community Energy Strategy.
Local communities will be able to take control of their energy bills and help transform the energy system thanks to proposals unveiled today in Britain’s first Community Energy Strategy.
The economy is set to receive a further boost as the Government opens the 28th licensing round.
Written Ministerial Statement by Energy Minister, Michael Fallon, on the 28th offshore licensing round.
Speech by Climate Change Minister, Greg Barker, at the UK Green Building Council's ‘Towards Green Deal 2.0’ event
Statement by Secretary of State Edward Davey in response to the European Commission 2030 White Paper on climate change.
Department of Energy and Climate Change rebuttal statement following energy company Npower's energy bills analysis.
Written Ministerial Statement by Secretary of State Edward Davey announcing the results of the Committee on Climate Change Triennial Review.
Millions of pounds in business rates will be handed to councils in England which give the green-light to shale gas developments.
Clive Maxwell, Chief Executive of the Office of Fair Trading, has been appointed Director General of DECC’s Consumers and Households Group
Review into storm-related energy supply disruption to focus on customer communications, resources and compensation
Contact details for electricity Distribution Network Operator companies
Statement to Parliament: Contingencies Fund: Advance for urgent funding for the UK Coal Cohort Concessionary Fuel Costs in 2013/14
Written Ministerial Statement by Michael Fallon on a contingencies fund cash advance in 2013/14.
Speech by Secretary of State Edward Davey at University College London
- Energy Department Sponsors Advanced Composites Manufacturing Institute Competition
- Energy Department Announces New Energy Efficiency Standards for Commercial Refrigeration Equipment
- ARPA-E Projects Attract More Than $625 Million in Private Funding
- EPA Sets Cleaner Fuel and Car Standards
- New Web Tool Tracks Bioenergy Legislation
- Energy Department Offers $10 Million to Speed Enhanced Geothermal Systems
- DOI Announces Two Solar Projects Approved in California, Nevada
- Army Awards 20 Additional Contracts for Renewable Energy Technologies
- Report: Efficiency, Alternative Fuels to Impact Market Through 2040
- SuperTruck Making Leaps in Fuel Efficiency
- Energy Department Offers $25 Million for U.S. Solar Manufacturing
- Energy Department Announces Student Teams for Solar Decathlon 2015
- World’s Largest Concentrating Solar Power Plant Opens in California
- Energy Department Offers $3 Million to Support Geothermal and Critical Materials
- DOI Announces Key Step Forward for First West Coast Offshore Wind Project
- Speech: Green social change: building an Energy Saving Society
- Statement to Parliament: EU Energy Council
- Press release: QR codes on energy bills put consumers in control
- Speech: Edward Davey speech to Ecobuild conference: Making Britain’s homes warmer, greener, and cheaper to heat
- Speech: Green Growth Summit II
- News story: Green Growth Group Ministers' statement on climate and energy framework for 2030
- Speech: Energy from Waste conference
- News story: Transfer of Energy-Using Products work to DECC
- Statement to Parliament: Machinery of government change: energy-using products policy
- Statement to Parliament: EU Energy Council, Brussels 4 March 2014
- News story: RHI biomethane injection tariff to be reviewed
- Press release: Great Britain’s smart grid to revolutionise energy sector
- News story: Energy trends and prices statistical release: 27 February 2014
- Press release: UK energy statistics: 2013 provisional data
- Press release: Deputy Prime Minister announces Clean Energy Deal
- SgurrEnergy’s Galion Lidar deployed to support development of proposed Dudgeon offshore wind farm
- Ecotech Institute students graduate with industry certifications
- French developers and GE fuel wind energy growth in France
- Keep a safe distance from power lines when using AWPs, urges non-profit
- Altra Industrial Motion launches new Heavy Duty & Overrunning Clutch Brake group website