Department of Energy
Updated: 19 min 53 sec ago
The latest provisional monthly energy statistics produced by the Department of Energy and Climate Change were released on 18 December 2014 according to the arrangements approved by the UK Statistics Authority.
Energy Trends and Quarterly Energy Prices published.
Energy Minister Matthew Hancock's speech at the 4th Kurdistan-Iraq Oil and Gas conference.
The Department for Energy and Climate Change are making £2.5m available to encourage development of CO2 storage in the North Sea.
First Capacity Market auction begins today.
In response to the new agreement reached by UN members to tackle climate change, Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change Ed Davey said:
Speech by Baroness Verma at the launch of the Sellafield Ltd Women’s Network
We have agreed with the Delivery Body that DECC will publish provisional auction results at 7a.m on the working day after the auction clears, and before final auction results are published. To note, the provisional results will only be made available to DECC if the Auction Monitor sanctions their release.
Changes to the Renewables Obligation (RO) for Biomass are being proposed to protect bill payers from extra costs.
Germany and the UK announce new ambitious NAMA Facility climate change mitigation projects in Burkina Faso, Peru, Thailand and Tajikistan and welcome the EU Commission and Denmark as additional donors to announce a third call for projects in the run-up to COP 21 in Paris.
GDHIF second release: funding fully allocated for solid wall insulation
Statement by Edward Davey on the publication of the third annual progress report on the roll-out of Smart Meters.
Statement by Edward Davey on the regulatory justification of the UK ABWR nuclear reactor.
Press release: 3 offshore wind farms get the go ahead off the coast of Yorkshire, supporting up to 2,500 jobs
An offshore wind project that is expected to bring up to 2,500 local jobs and millions of pounds’ worth of investment to the UK’s economy has today been given consent from the Government to go ahead.
UK Energy and Climate Change Secretary Ed Davey called on more countries to bring forward fair and ambitious climate finance and carbon cuts to keep up momentum for a 2015 global climate deal, as he arrived at the COP 20 talks in Lima today.
- Leading by Example on Climate Change: The New Federal Sustainability Plan
- Energy Department Announces $20 Million to Develop Advanced Electric Motors
- Energy Department Selects 11 Tribal Communities to Deploy EERE Technologies
- EPA Announces 70 Top Performing ENERGY STAR-Certified Manufacturing Plants
- Wind Vision: New Report Highlights a Robust Wind Energy Future
- Energy Department Releases New Wind Report, Examines Future of Industry
- New Funding Opportunity to Develop Larger Wind Turbine Blades
- IEA: Global Energy-Related Emissions Steady in 2014
- California Approves $21 Million for Renewable Energy Projects
- California State University, Sacramento, Builds Reflect Home To Showcase Its City
- Energy Department's Race to 7-Day Solar Prize Competition to Speed Solar Deployment
- Energy Department Announces $6 Million to Accelerate Alternative Fuel Vehicle Market Growth
- U.S.-China Clean Energy Research Center To Tackle Energy-Water Nexus
- Virginia Tech Selected to Continue Development of Innovative Building Automation System
- Find Energy Incentives Quicker and Easier with DSIRE Open Data and Website
- News story: Government gets tough on energy market misconduct
- News story: £4.2m for CCS research at Grangemouth
- Press release: UK and Norway: Building links to deliver energy security and prosperity
- News story: Earth Hour 2015
- Press release: Third release of popular Green Deal Home Improvement Fund fully allocated
- Press release: The heat is on to ensure warmer, healthy homes for everyone
- News story: Energy trends and prices statistical release: 26 March 2015
- News story: UK energy statistics: statistical press release - March 2015
- Press release: Cold water could heat one million homes
- Statement to Parliament: UK Green Investment Bank International Pilot
- Speech: Speech at the Association of British Insurers
- News story: Image competition winners show personal impact of climate change
- Press release: Millions saved in one month as switching energy supplier rockets
- Statement to Parliament: Funding the Oil and Gas Authority: consultation on levy design
- News story: Oil industry support set out
- France Mandates Solar Roofs for Commercial Zones
- Mexico Pledges to Cut Emissions 25 Percent in Climate Change Milestone
- Solar, Wind Industries Release ‘How-To’ Handbook for Cutting Carbon Emissions
- US Vote-a-Rama Reveals Senators’ Environmental Agenda
- One Man Working Behind-the-Scenes to Halt Oklahoma Wind Energy