Department of Energy
Updated: 8 hours 20 min ago
Households carrying out energy efficiency improvements on their home can now get more money back to offset the cost of having the work done.
From today, woodfuel suppliers will be able to register their fuels as sustainable by applying to the Biomass Suppliers List (BSL).
Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change speech at the Climate Group's 10th Anniversary Event.
One step closer to unlocking the renewable energy potential of the Western Isles, Orkney and Shetland Islands: a new report identifies a series of actions to help deliver necessary electricity grid connections.
Press release: Getting ready for shale gas – supply chain estimated to be worth billions as new environmental measures announced
A shale gas supply chain report showing huge potential economic benefits to the UK economy and measures to minimise the environmental impacts of shale gas have been announced by the Government.
The latest provisional monthly energy statistics produced by the Department of Energy and Climate Change were released on 24 April 2014 according to the arrangements approved by the UK Statistics Authority.
An NMO report has found that 25% of ovens on the UK market were enhancing performance capabilities through the misuse of tolerences
Eight major renewable electricity projects are unveiled as part of the government’s world leading electricity reforms, giving a massive boost to green growth and green jobs.
Michael Fallon visits Nigg fabrication yard, a key construction site for one of the largest Southern gas fields in the North Sea
Benj Sykes announced as new co-chair of the Offshore Wind Industry Council
Switching energy supplier is set to become much quicker, with energy companies committing to slashing switching times by the end of the year.
British companies get innovation funding to demonstrate new ways of turning plant-based material into renewable heat and electricity
Dr Martin Read CBE appointed as Chair of the CFD Counterparty Company
Edward Davey statement on UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change Working Group 3 report on mitigating climate change.
As the UK Government publishes its analysis of the implications in energy of Scottish independence, Ed Davey speaks about Scotland’s energy future within the United Kingdom.
Written Ministerial Statement by Michael Fallon on the Downstream UK Oil sector
Statement by the Secretary of State, Edward Davey.
Edward Davey made the positive case for the UK’s single energy market, showing how independence would increase people’s energy bills.
News story: New scheme offers cash incentive to households using renewable heating systems in their homes
The domestic Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) launched, offering homeowners payments to offset the cost of installing low carbon systems
Plans to turn the Government estate as well as factories, supermarkets and car parks into “solar hubs” have been outlined in a new strategy by Greg Barker today.
- Energy Department Announces Up $31 Million for Geothermal Systems Field Observatory
- Energy Department and USDA Announce Bioenergy Projects in 10 States
- $4 Billion in Loan Guarantees Offered for Renewable, Energy Efficiency Projects
- Energy Department Selects $3.5 Million to Develop Algal Biofuels
- DOI Releases Ecosystems Carbon Report for Eastern United States
- Energy Department Offers Conditional Loan to Offshore Wind Energy Project
- Energy Department Launches Microgrid Competition
- New York Unveils First Electric Vehicle Charging Stations in Statewide Plan
- Texas Hits New Peak Wind Output
- Deploying American-Made Clean Energy Technologies in South Africa
- Energy Department Awards $100 Million for Innovative Energy Research
- ARPA-E Awards $33 Million for New Fuel Cell Projects
- DOI Announces Largest U.S. Offshore Wind Energy Area for Development
- Small Businesses Receive $3 Million in Support from the Energy Department
- Small Business Innovation Research Projects to Make a Big Impact on Clean Energy Economy
- Press release: New long-term plan to safely dispose of radioactive waste
- Statement to Parliament: Publication of Implementing Geological Disposal White Paper 2014
- Press release: Biomass calculator launched
- Press release: Over £200 million boost for renewables
- Press release: Green Deal Home Improvement Fund reaches £50 million milestone in six weeks
- Statement to Parliament: Future fuel poverty framework: target, strategy and advisory group
- Press release: Cutting the cost of keeping warm to tackle fuel poverty
- Statement to Parliament: Review of the Fourth Carbon Budget
- News story: New world refrigerator ecodesign investigation
- Speech: Speech to the CBI Energy Conference 2014
- Press release: Boost for business energy efficiency and electricity sector investment
- Press release: UK calls for major changes to EU’s “cap and trade” emissions system
- Press release: Government commits £15m to kickstart new regulator in response to Wood Review
- Press release: Rampion offshore wind farm gets go ahead from Government, supporting over 750 jobs
- News story: Edward Davey statement on DECC's new ministers
- Europe To Build Only 192 GW of Wind Power Capacity by 2020
- Solar Energy ‘Lighting Up’ Professional Sports
- Community Solar Gardens Sprout from Contaminated Sites
- ABB Hit by Wind, Solar Charges for Third Consecutive Quarter
- “Mom, My School Bus Is a Peaking Power Plant” and Other Things We Didn’t Say When We Were Kids
- Thomas & Betts brochure highlights engineered solutions for renewable energy facilities
- A come-along for tower flange holes that don’t quite line up
- Pathways to deep decarbonization Interim 2014 report
- What happens to sub-structures & cables on the seafloor? Sandia examines
- Juhl Energy team selected to lead development of $5.5 million wind-energy project at Tooele Army Depot