Department of Energy
Updated: 11 hours 52 min ago
The government is making an extra £25 million of funding available in world leading auctions for low carbon support, following high levels of demand for contracts.
Cutting carbon emissions to limit global temperatures to a 2°C rise can be achieved while improving living standards, a new online tool shows.
The Government yesterday announced a commitment to ban fracking in National Parks.
Statement to Parliament: Second Triennial Review of the Committee on Radioactive Waste Management (CoRWM)
Statement by Baroness Verma on the announcement of the second Triennial Review of the Committee on Radioactive Waste Management (CoRWM).
A share of £100,000 is up for grabs as part of a new community energy competition launched today by Energy and Climate Change Secretary, Edward Davey.
News story: Government seeks views on a new contract negotiation process for Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon project
Views are being sought from stakeholders on the approach the government would take if it decides to enter into Contract for Difference (CFD) negotiations for the Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon project in South Wales.
Energy efficiency measures reach one million homes milestone - four months ahead of the March 2015 target.
Government competition to boost innovation in the heat industry, drive down energy bills and cut carbon emissions in the UK.
Environment Agency grants Cuadrilla environmental permits for shale gas exploration. Strong environmental standards are in place.
News story: Edward Davey asks new Oil and Gas Authority CEO to lead urgent commission into North Sea industry
Edward Davey is visiting Aberdeen for talks with oil and gas industry leaders against a backdrop of the recent dramatic slide in world oil prices.
Switching energy supplier could save many people around £300 – and some could save more – off their bills, and it’s now quicker to do than ever before.
Statement by Edward Davey on Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) announcement of a change to its commercial model at Sellafield.
New, simplified management arrangements to be introduced at Sellafield to ensure the long-term success of the clean-up programme.
Daily Mail’s article ‘New wind turbine farce’ on Friday 2nd January misleads its readers as it uses old statistics on renewables.
Andy Samuel has officially begun his new role of Chief Executive of the Oil and Gas Authority (OGA).
Ed Davey, Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change, officially confirms the results of the first ever Capacity Market Auction.
- Energy Department Awards $200 Million for Argonne's Next-Gen Supercomputer
- Energy Department to Fund R&D to Advance Low-Impact Hydropower Technologies
- U.S. Cities Among Latest to Join Global Climate Action Pledge
- USDA Awards Funds to Expand and Accelerate Wood Energy Markets
- Stevens Pioneers a Post-Hurricane Sandy World with SURE HOUSE
- EPA, Energy Department Honor 2015 ENERGY STAR Partners of the Year
- U.N. Report: Global Investment in Renewable Energy Rebounds in 2014
- Energy Department Publishes $1 Million H2 Refuel H-Prize Competition Specs
- Energy Department's Building America Program Seeks Feedback on Proposals
- U.S. Virgin Islands Ramping Up Clean Energy Efforts with an Eye Toward a Sustainable Future
- Energy Department Offers Conditional Loan to Alcoa for Automotive Sector
- Energy Department, DOI, and Army Corps of Engineers Renew Hydropower Partnership
- Cleveland Partners Recognized by Energy Department for Leadership in Saving Energy
- Virginia Receives First Offshore Wind Energy Research Lease in Federal Waters
- National Parks Move Forward on Sustainable Transportation in Partnership with Clean Cities
- News story: Government gets tough on energy market misconduct
- News story: £4.2m for CCS research at Grangemouth
- Press release: UK and Norway: Building links to deliver energy security and prosperity
- News story: Earth Hour 2015
- Press release: Third release of popular Green Deal Home Improvement Fund fully allocated
- Press release: The heat is on to ensure warmer, healthy homes for everyone
- News story: Energy trends and prices statistical release: 26 March 2015
- News story: UK energy statistics: statistical press release - March 2015
- Press release: Cold water could heat one million homes
- Statement to Parliament: UK Green Investment Bank International Pilot
- Speech: Speech at the Association of British Insurers
- News story: Image competition winners show personal impact of climate change
- Press release: Millions saved in one month as switching energy supplier rockets
- Statement to Parliament: Funding the Oil and Gas Authority: consultation on levy design
- News story: Oil industry support set out