Department of Energy
Updated: 10 hours 28 min ago
The Government today announced it would contribute short term funding of £15 million over five years to help kickstart the establishment of a new regulatory body for the UK’s offshore oil and gas industry.
Rampion offshore wind farm off the coast of Sussex has today been given consent from the government to go ahead.
Edward Davey's statement following the appointment of new DECC ministers Matthew Hancock and Amber Rudd.
Over £500,000 has been assigned to help rural community energy projects across England.
Secretary of State Edward Davey speech to the Smart Energy GB Launch Event.
Energy efficient household appliances lead to drop in electricity consumption.
Discussions about the progress of the Southern Corridor (SC) gas pipeline route will be on the agenda when Michael Fallon visits Azerbaijan this week.
News story: DECC encourages families to act now on energy efficiency with Green Deal Home Improvement Fund
The Green Deal Home Improvement Fund has issued £25 million in its first four weeks and DECC is encouraging households to act now to get money back for their home improvements.
A UK carbon storage project has received a funding boost of €300m from the European Commission.
Edward Davey's opening speech to the UK-China Energy Dialogue.
DECC today published its annual updated estimates of UK oil and gas reserves.
Householders up and down the country are set to benefit from an extensive programme of energy saving advice, thanks to further Government funding made available through the Big Energy Saving Network.
- Secretary Moniz Dedicates Innovative Commercial-Scale Cellulosic Biofuel Plant
- Energy Department Announces $10 Million for Innovative Lighting
- Energy Department Awards $5 Million to Spur Local Clean Energy Development
- Energy Department Offers $14 Million for Cellulosic Bioenergy Landscape Design
- Solar Energy Prices See Double-digit Declines in 2013
- Racing with Relevance: Green Racing Redefines Sustainable Motorsports
- New Funding to Develop Next Generation HVAC Offered by Energy Department
- Energy Department Announces $13 Million to Develop Advanced Biofuels and Bioproducts
- Green Building Certification System Final Rule Issued by Energy Department
- Energy Department Recognizes Better Buildings Challenge Participants
- Energy-Department Supported Scientist Receives Nobel Prize for Blue Light LED
- Better Buildings Challenge Drives Greater Efficiency in U.S. Data Centers
- Energy Department Announces $25 Million to Lower Cost of Concentrating Solar Power
- Energy Department Recognizes 11 Manufacturers for Energy Efficiency Achievements
- New York Invests $94 Million for Solar Projects Across the State
- Press release: South Hook CHP plant moves a step closer to being built
- News story: Renewable Heat Incentive roadshows
- News story: The Big Energy Saving Network on your doorstep
- Speech: Energy UK conference - trust and consumer engagement
- Speech: Energy UK conference
- News story: Edward Davey on Green Deal and Energy Company Obligation monthly figures
- Press release: EU Carbon Market Reform needed to improve efficiency
- News story: Statement on the fire at Didcot B power station
- Statement to Parliament: Informal Energy and Environment Council
- Government response: Response to the Express article 15 October 2014
- Speech: Address to the Green Growth Summit
- Speech: Utility Week 2nd Annual Congress
- Speech: Solar Energy UK
- Press release: UK-Norway electricity interconnection moves closer
- Speech: Energy Technology Showcase
- Community Solar Allows Utilities to Adapt, Thrive as Energy Landscape Evolves
- The Next Revolution: Discarding Dangerous Fossil Fuel Accounting Practices
- Economists Say Curbing Climate Change Will Help Our Economy
- US Energy Secretary Tours 6.4-MW Rooftop Solar Array in Las Vegas
- SPI Slideshow Day Two: People, Projects and Policy