Department of Energy
Updated: 4 hours 7 min ago
Government today launched a new proposed process for working with communities to agree a site for a Geological Disposal Facility (GDF).
Energy Minister Michael Fallon is backing a campaign encouraging heating oil users to stock up early before winter sets in.
Michael Fallon addresses the Offshore Europe conference in Aberdeen.
A new initiative and competition to encourage home-owners to make energy saving improvements to their home.
Speech by British Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Energy & Climate Change, Baroness Verma at the National Academy of Legal Studies and Research University of Law.
Speech by Edward Davey, Secretary of State, for Energy and Climate Change on shale gas exploration.
Edward Davey today made the case for the safe and responsible exploration of shale gas in the UK, in line with UK’s climate change targets.
Secretary of State Edward Davey and retailer John Lewis launch energy efficiency labelling trial.
Offshore Wind Industrial Strategy presented at an annual renewable energy conference in Oslo. Positive feedback from a key partner.
Edward Davey visits Radio 5 Live's Energy Day to see renewable energy powering the station's programmes.
The Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC) can announce today that it has appointed Stephen Brooks as Investment Director of the new Heat Networks Delivery Unit (HNDU).
Press release: Fallon: no new subsidy needed for gas storage - decision saves bill payers up to £750 million
Bill payers will not be asked to subsidise increased investment in new gas storage facilities, Energy Minister, Michael Fallon confirmed today.
Written Ministerial Statement by Edward Davey, Energy Secretary, on UK gas security
Speech by Gregory Barker, Minister of State, on the role of measurement in the acceleration of green technologies.
The latest national statistics on energy trends and prices, released on 29 August 2013.
From April 2015 biomass industry must show fuel is sustainable or lose financial support
Hydro Benefit Replacement Scheme to save North of Scotland £50 million a year on their energy bills
- Annual Fuel Economy Guide with 2014 Models Released
- Better Buildings Challenge Expands to Multifamily Housing
- Energy Department Awards $4 Million for State Energy Efficiency
- Renewable Energy Data Book Details Growing Industry in 2012
- Small Company Makes Big Changes to Boost Clean Energy Economy
- Energy Department Offers $19 Million to Reduce PV Costs, Increase Efficiency
- ARPA-E Offers $30 Million for Distributed Generation Technologies
- South Carolina Opens Nation’s Largest Wind Drivetrain Testing Facility
- Two Companies Recognized for Leadership in Energy Efficiency
- Reducing LED Costs Through Innovation
- Energy Department Invests More Than $7 Million to Deploy Tribal Clean Energy
- Renewable Energy to be Half of Global Generation Increase to 2035: IEA
- USDA Invests in Research to Convert Beetle-Killed Trees into Renewable Energy
- DOI Approves New High-Voltage Transmission Line in Wyoming and Idaho
- Lighting the Way for Big Energy Savings in Los Angeles
- Speech: Ground Source Heat Pump Association
- News story: UK and Romania joint statement on Green Growth
- Statement to Parliament: Electricity Market Reform update: investment in renewables
- Press release: Record investments of £40 billion in renewable electricity to bring green jobs and growth to the UK
- Statement to Parliament: Increased support for renewable heat
- Statement to Parliament: Government action on energy bills
- News story: Streamlining and improving the Green Deal
- Press release: Government action to help hardworking people with energy bills
- Statement to Parliament: Awards in the 27th offshore (oil & gas) licensing round after environmental assessments
- Press release: Energy minister awards record number of licences to UK independent oil exploration companies
- Speech: Speech to the Association of UK Independent Oil and Gas Exploration Companies (BRINDEX)
- Speech: Speech on the economics of future energy supply options debate
- News story: Energy trends and prices statistical release: 28 November 2013
- Speech: Greg Barker at the Annual Heat Conference
- News story: Water UK and UKOOG Memorandum of Understanding on shale gas exploration and extraction